Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So glad that's over...(perhaps mildly ranty...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So glad that's over...(perhaps mildly ranty...)

So, my store just finished inventory.

Ew.

It's ALWAYS a pain in the ass, simply because we can't close the store, or even close sections of the store, to count. So, we're counting, people are buying and putting stuff they aren't buying in different places, and throwing off the count. That said, a few, general rants on inventory and the store staff, if I may:

Coworkers
    Seriously! Seriously, you can't count? How hard is it to separate everything by size (clothing) style/type (School supplies) and title (books)? All you have to do is verify the last 4 of the barcode match on all of them, then scan and count! It is NOT rocket science?

And yet, when I run the discrepancy reports and find that we're off in the whole store by over $40,000, I have to question your talents and/or skills. Or lack thereof.

I've got coworkers whining because they don't waaaaaaaannnnnnnnna count the pens and pencils in school supplies. Ok, fine, but do NOT count sharpies as highlighters, or bic pens as marks-a-lot markers! Seriously! WTF!?!?

Ok, maybe I was wrong and you DO need a master's degree to COUNT! And maybe, just maybe, it IS rocket science.

Uggghhh

crappy corporate PDTs
    I realize these are older than I am, and that they're a bit tempermental when you're occasionally using the scanner. But seriously, refusing to upload the 3 fixtures I just counted, and making me have to go count them again makes me a very cranky Lupo.

work, damn you!!

Incompetent twatmonkey of a GM manager
    You piss me off the most. Dumbass! You're in CHARGE of school supplies and merchandise. Not only can you NOT do your own paperwork and filing and expect me to finish 8 months worth of backup in two days, you don't even keep track of your own clothing that you're always fussing about!!

I'm looking at over $5k worth of discrepancies, and I have to keep asking you if you know anything about X article of clothing. I really, really don't like to hear ANY of the following

"Oh...I forgot I let <random person from corporate> take $600 worth of clothing samples with her, and didn't take it out of inventory..."

"Oh, I forgot I shilpped $250 worth of hoodies and golf paraphanalia to <random person from the message board I started> in Austin. Forgot to take those tags out of inventory, too."

"Oh, right, I donated that $400 worth of stuff off the clearance table to <random charity looking for door prizes> Didn't I note that in the computer yet?"

<Deep breath>

And finally, on the state of our break room/backstock room.
    Mk, so we have these large shelving units that go to the ceiling. It's a drop panel ceiling (I think), meaning that the walls don't go all the way up to the roof. It was renovated a while back, and we lost about 3 feet of shelf space, crammed up top in one of the shelving units that were crammed into a corner of a wall behind a perpendicular set of shelves, forming a large L shape, rather than having two sets of shelves along either wall, and a nook between them in the corner for display materials.

Well, I had to go hunting for 48 hoodies that we were missing in inventory, from last year. I ended up seeing some random boxes up top on the shelves that had been crammed into the corner that we don't use anymore. Out comes the ladder, but because of how far the boxes are, I actually have to crawl up on top of the shelving unit. Not fun. In the process, I discovered 3 things:

1. Our roof leaks. Apparently bad enough there is stagnant, slimy standing water that I managed to crawl through.

Ew.

2. The roof has been leaking for sometime. Long enough that there's algae or mold or something growing on the back of the boxes, which I find when I move to drag them out to look into them, and thus I get molded, as well as slimed. (And discover the hoodies are beyond rescuing. They have to be written off.)

Double Ew.

3. The boxes have been forgotten long enough there are myriad cobwebs growng from them to the back wall and top of the roof. Some break, and as I happen to glance up, I see an actual spider on one of them. I try to scoot back, miscalculate distance and balance and pitch forward instead, slipping on some that slimy water again, and go THROUGH the cobweb. Sticky cobweb with spider and old spider prey CLINGING!

Ewewewewewewew!!!!!!!!!

I manage to scramble down the ladder. All of these discoveries took less than 2 minutes to find, as once I hit the water, I was ready to scootch the boxes back enough to reach while on the ladder. Instead, I get slimed, molded, and cobwebbed. Gyaaah

I exit the back room, and inform my manager that I need to go home and shower, and this is allowed, thank gods.

I HATE inventory...

ewewewewewewewewewewewew!!!!!!!!! Gross!!!!1

Comment

EXACTLY!!

Man, I swear I showered until the water went icy and I still had the creepy crawlies from the cobwebby. Blech.

Comment

I know you told me all this, but reading it makes my skin crawl even worse.

*shivers*
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

At least you didn't have to see or smell me after it happened.

I'm not sure that came out right, but what the hell, don't feel like changing it. I'm off to hack a chicken to bits for part of my dinner...

Comment

Yes I did. You smelled like shampoo.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

...I'm not even going to ask when you were close enough to sniff me, let alone WHY you were sniffing...

<backs away slowly>

Comment

*thinks about it*

Actually, that last post was a more dangerous statement then the one you made before it.

I can has chickeny goodness?

(once again, The DataJager is gone and I has no idea what to have for dinner. I was going to see if he wanted to go out with me but he left his stupid cell phone at the townhouse.)

Comment

I should just stop posting.

<Sigh> The chicken is still frozen solid. so I can't even has chickeny goodness... back to the drawing board.

Comment

If you think of something, let me know. Though at this point, I'm tempted to just order a freaking pizza.

I'm starting to wish Hamburger places delivered.

Comment

mmmhh....pizza.....oh sorry, I haven't had pizza in a while. But it's ok, my family is making fajitas for dinner!

I wish hamburger places would deliver too. With ninjas and everything!

Comment

Mmmm, Ninja Burger.

*homer style drool*

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                          WHY you were sniffing...

<backs away slowly>
                          I sniff people.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                            The boxes have been forgotten long enough there are myriad cobwebs growng from them to the back wall and top of the roof. Some break, and as I happen to glance up, I see an actual spider on one of them. I try to scoot back, miscalculate distance and balance and pitch forward instead, slipping on some that slimy water again, and go THROUGH the cobweb. Sticky cobweb with spider and old spider prey CLINGING!

Ewewewewewewew!!!!!!!!!

I think *I* need a shower now. Aaaaaaigh, cobwebs!! That's the one remnant of my spider phobia that I haven't yet managed to get rid of (two years of cognitive behavioural therapy combined with gradual exposure to spiders until I was able to hold a live tarantula without freaking out - I became quite fond of the tarantula, actually. But tarantulas do not make cobwebs).

Inventory seems to bring out the worst in every coworker. I always ended up yelling at someone and/or drinking on the job (just a shot of Bailey's in my coffee...) to get through it. My current workplace uses an inventory contracting company, yay!

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                              Mmmm, Ninja Burger.

*homer style drool*
                              One day, some day, someone has to get off of their butts and turn this into a reality...

"Fries Of Our Ancestors" and "Onion Death Blossom" sound so tempting...

Anyways, Lupo, how many items in your inventory had bar code numbers under "Stock On Hand"? I had to figure out WHY our store didn't have slightly more than 3 billion pencils in our store last year...
                              Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 03-24-2009, 05:06 AM.
                              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                              X