This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just totally ratted someone out.

Here's a letter I just emailed, edited for privacy. Yeah. My former employer. I've been waiting a long time to do this.

Dear Channel 10 News

I'm sending you this because every time I see it, I get mad all over again. Check out the parking lot at T W on Road. There is a fire lane in front of the building on the (left) side, facing . The suits have decided to park there, so they have painted the yellow curb gray and filled that fire lane up with what they call "executive parking". It was originally yellow because if I'm not mistaken, fire code forbids you to park there. So I guess the executives at T W think that a little gray paint makes it okay to completely ignore the fire marshall.

It gets better. Look closely. In the corners of the surrounding curb, you will see where they are parking their cars right over the wheelchair ramps. They've painted parking spaces right there, in complete disregard that that is where the ramps are.

Oh, yeah. It gets better.

Now go check out where the actual handicapped parking is. It's waaaay down past the firelane, past the entrance/exit lane, and down with the parking for the rest of The Great Unwashed. I'm sure it's really going to make some poor paraplegic's day when he has to park way down the lot, struggle towards the building in the rain or heat, dodge incoming and outgoing traffic, and squeeze between all the Royalty parked in the fire lane, only to discover that the wheelchair ramp has a penis-car parked over it.

Nice.

Anyways, I don't really want my name used anywhere, but if you want to contact me via xxx@xxx you may. I don't know if this is the sort of thing you might find interesting, but I find it appalling and just plain wrong to have this kind of blatant disregard for not only safety, but decency.

RK

You said "penis car." Tee hee hee.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That is awesome

Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Did you CC the fire marshall in as well?
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

No, and you know what, I should. Thanks. I'll do that next.

Comment

Awesome, RK. Just awesome.

Comment

RK ... You're just too awesome beyond words! You're my hero!

Comment

Awesome! Keep us informed on what transpires. Especially if the news does an article on them. It would be interesting to see.

Eric the Grey
                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

I dunno if they will or not, but believe you me if they do, ya'll will be the first to find out about it.

Just the level of ENTITLEMENT that these people have, just so offends me. It's unbeliveable. You know those dickheads will bitch and complain and send out memos if you pull up in the firelane to unload a damn truck? Seriously, remember all that foolishness down at the fairgrounds (crazy fan lady saga)? We kept parking an SUV in that lane for 10 minutes at a time to load and unload it. They kept bitching we weren't supposed to park there. I mean, we kept doing it, but what kind of asshole expects us to haul a bunch of shit around without giving us anyplace to load the truck????

Furthermore, right before I got laid off, the EW crybabies were fighting over the spots. I am not even joking, they had some guy out there painting over the parking lines in different colors so that different levels of dickheads could be even MORE entitled to park in the choicier illegal spots.

Can you even imagine? CEOs fighting over illegal frigging parking in a firelane. Un fucking believable. That's when I decided, "I am so ratting these people out."

The firelane aspect of it doesn't even bug me so much as the handicapped angle does. How do you, in good concience, park two steps from the door while a guy with no legs is hobbling past you from the regular parking lot? How the fuck are you not stricken with shame and bad karma for that?????

Comment

I would love to be their harbinger of bad karma vengence, but most of my methods are illegal...

Hopefully your ratting them out will give 'em enough of a headache to 'ruin their day'. If only we could film the look on thier faces when their precious spots are painted over... *sigh*
                    I like things that go *bang!*

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      How do you, in good concience, park two steps from the door while a guy with no legs is hobbling past you from the regular parking lot?
                      Don't we all wonder what lets people be that way?

If you're CC'ing the fire marshal, you might want to find out who's responsible for handicap parking enforcement and send one their way as well. ADA compliance bears real teeth these days in a lot of places.

Comment

Quoth Wingates_Hellsing View Post
                        I would love to be their harbinger of bad karma vengence, but most of my methods are illegal...

Hopefully your ratting them out will give 'em enough of a headache to 'ruin their day'. If only we could film the look on thier faces when their precious spots are painted over... *sigh*
                        I want the camera on their inner orifice tantrums...
                        Then the pubic relations soundbites will be really hilarious cross-examination fare...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Heehee, penis car...so very true Those guys who drive around in those big fancy cars might as well have big neon signs above their heads that says 'I have Small Man Syndrome'

As for karmic retribution, I'd make these guys sell their big fancy cars and donate all the profits that result to an organization that helps the disabled. I'd then take away their licenses, and force them to either walk to work, bum a ride off someone, or use public transportation.

Comment

Working...
                          X