This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google yourself

Have you ever gone on Google & "googled yourself"? I've heard that if you do that you can find some strange things.

yes... I actually have... apparantly I'm a famous foosball player in England (is there really such a thing as a famous foosball player )
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I found out I'm on Facebook...there's an old version of the website for the publisher I used to work for (left there in 2001) that still comes up...

If I just google my first name I find a lot of sites in German (my name is a German word; not a name in German).
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
        yes... I actually have... apparantly I'm a famous foosball player in England (is there really such a thing as a famous foosball player )

In everywhere except the USA, Yes

And it's Football, not soccer, not Foosball, Football don't make me get out the large stick
        I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Yep - I can't find myself. I share a name with a weird director who's movies are set in Baltimore for the most part.

There are about 16.6 million hits on the name.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I get a photographer, pitcher, dog trainer, another one of me on facebook...nothing related to me. But looking up my forum name gets you a listing of everything I've done. ^^
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

There are at least two people on Facebook with my name, neither are me. Also, an artist, some British geographer and apparently some guy getting drafted into the NFL. According to Google, my name exists but I don't.
              "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

Quoth Bandit View Post
                Yep - I can't find myself. I share a name with a weird director who's movies are set in Baltimore for the most part.

There are about 16.6 million hits on the name.

B
                Hi, John!

My name is way too common as well.

Googling my name in quotes turns up almost a million results.

Comment

I have Googled myself and I legitimately come up in a few places.

Turns out I share a name with some obscure actress (not from the US), too.
                  I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

That's how I found someone with my same first and last name. He's a lawyer and also a best selling author. I've even met him a few times. Really a nice guy. And one of the really wierd parts is our signatures are almost identical.
                    He sends me copies of his books when they come out and signs them from Sheldon Siegel TO Sheldon Siegel.
                    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I'm the only me in existence. Most of the hits are for elite gymnast's websites that have used my photos.

Comment

my poor little sister. She had a class in middle school, I believe, and they were told to Google themselves. She was VERY unaware that she shared the same name as a murdered Playboy bunny. She was a bit shocked when she came home and told us. The rest of us were all like "yeah I've heard about her". Poor kid.
                        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                          In everywhere except the USA, Yes

And it's Football, not soccer, not Foosball, Football don't make me get out the large stick
                          no, I really do mean foosball no typo.

and I just did the search again... I am easily amused...
                          somehow my name has been attached to a page entitled "gay in nevada"... which amuses me because I don't even live in Nevada (anymore)
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I found out I'm a very pretty blond who is a partner in some company...who celebrated their 30th birthday 15 years ago...

I also found out a girl with my name on myspace who has a much...funner life. *snifs*
                            Last edited by Aethian; 04-02-2009, 02:55 AM.

Comment

My real self comes up in an online newspaper article from when I graduated in June(along with everyone in my class)
                              Another is the real me from a picture in the newspaper from my prom night (where I'm trying to desperately hide a chocolate stain I got on myself earlier that night from the chocolate fountain)
                              Real me on a Rise Against fan site.

Didn't know I was out there so much. At least it's nothing too bad for future employers to stumble upon

Comment

Working...
                              X