This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two warnings and no tickets!!

Okay, ya'll - I totally need to SLOW MY ASS DOWN while driving!!!

I got pulled over a couple of months ago for speeding and got off with a warning. This was in a township that tends to be fairly strict about speeding and not giving warnings, so I was exceedingly grateful and learned my lesson.

Or not!

Just this past Tuesday, I got pulled over in an even STRICTER juristiction. I was going 40 in a 25 zone. I told the cop I had just flown in from Orlando and I was exhausted and wanted to get home, so I wasnt paying attention. He glanced in the back and saw my luggage, so he knew I was telling the truth.

He went back to run my plate and my license, and I got off with ANOTHER WARNING. I feel like a slug, but hopefully this is the kick I need to start behaving myself and pay attention.

Oh, and also, my insurance card shows it expired 1/29/2009!!! It truly isnt expired, thank god, but I had forgotten to stick the new card in my wallet and glove compartment when I renewed. He accepted this too.

I totally have to remember this the next time I start feeling sorry for myself when something doesn't go my way!!
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

How you get so freakin' lucky!!!

The ONLY time I've ever gotten a "break" for going 15-20 over is when the officer decided to "sell" me the ticket by charging me with going 10 over.

Comment

Dude, I honestly don't even know. It's not like I'm still in my 20s and can flirt my way out of 'em.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Damn, girl! You really got a lucky break!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The only explanation I can come up with is that didn't happen in Indiana. Most towns in this state are loaded with cops with ticket pads in their hands ready to put 'em to good use. I guess that's why my radar detector goes berzerk when I drive in this state but calms down as soon as I cross the state line.

Comment

Funny you mention that - because I'm only about 15 miles from the Indiana border. So I'll be sure to be careful during those times I venture over the state line.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
              Damn, girl! You really got a lucky break!
              I know! Like I said, next time anyone catches me whining about something, I need to be reminded of this.

Comment

First two times, I got ticketed. And I had to go to court for the second one.

Third time I got pulled over for having a headlight out and the cop let me go no problem.

On that note, I need to get some Velcro so I can get my radar detector back in action.
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
                  First two times, I got ticketed. And I had to go to court for the second one.
                  I should add, much to my embarassment, that (at age 40) my driving record has just recently(within the past 2 years) cleared up to the point that I have no points on my license and have a 'safe driver' discount.

What that means in Ohio is that I've gone 3 years with no 'incidents'. Yes, at age 38, that was my first time having reached such an accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                  X