Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I did nothing and felt horrible about it....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did nothing and felt horrible about it....

Okay me and the hubby was at krogers a few hours ago getting our two weeks worth of food.In the isle there was a woman and she started blinking real hard and fast. I thought nothing of it since my cousin has a tick that makes him blink real hard and fast. hes really senstive about it. So anyways my hubby says should we ask her if shes alright and I said no and told him about my cousin. Also a few months back I see a man ask an old woman in krogers if she was alright(she was shaking right bad)and she torn into him. Well fast forward to a bout 10 mins later and we past the aisle again and the woman is surrounded by paramedics,she was having a seizure. I cried all the way through the store,through the checkout,and all the way home.I felt so bad but I guess working with customers has made me that way.Its sad I get treated badly by idiots all day so I don't ask a woman if she needs help. I guess I'm telling you guys this because I feel so frickin bad and need some conforting words.

Well, you didn't know she was going to have a seizure, and with you knowing about how sensitive your cousin is about his tick, I can understand not wanting to embarrass someone. I wouldn't feel too bad, but only because you weren't trying to embarrass the woman.

Comment

It is not your fault. You had no way of knowing what was going to happen, and as you said, people can be sensitive about such things as facial tics. Chances are good the woman is okay, anyway - you said there were paramedics there. You made the choices you did for good reasons. It's not as though the woman was in full blown grand mal when you saw her, she was just blinking. Stop beating yourself up.

Oh yeah, and - you seem like you need one.
      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I know one person who absolutely hated anyone to do anything when she had a seizure, she just wanted to be left alone to get herself back together. Granted, she was also a grade A fruit basket, but she's not the only one I've heard to say it. Just the most vehement. So try not to beat yourself up too much, eh?
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

You did absolutely nothing wrong. How could you have known? You know someone who objects to people pointing out their own similar facial tick, AND you saw a customer in this very store rip into someone for trying to help them in a similar situation recently.

Blinking may be an onset sign of a seizure, but it's also a tic, a way to water the eyes, and something that maybe she doesn't want anyone pointing out (just finished crying or something). You had nothing to go on to assume anything more than a person who just didn't want to be bothered by others.

Comment

It's okay. You had no way of knowing what was going to happen. Don't beat yourself up.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
            X