This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very rude saleswoman and the salesman who saved the sale

I had an eye exam last night and went to pick out frames for my new prescription.

The man who waited on me had also helped my husband and my oldest son pick out their new frames, so I was very confident in his ability, but I was taking awhile, and he was near his quitting time, so I told him to go ahead and leave.

Well, a saleswoman came over and told me there was no way my prescription could fit in the frames I wanted. I would have to get huge frames, the size of my head, to get it to fit. She started picking out frames that I had no interest in and were not in anyway near the style I picked out.

She then told me that there was no way, no how I could have the frames I wanted without screwing up my prescription. She even tried to tell me that my husband and the salesman where wrong, there was no way my husband's prescription could have fit in the small frames my husband had ordered.

My husband and I walked out, I had about had it with her not even trying to work with me and then calling us liars.

I go in today and I wait for the salesman who helped my husband and son. He told me I could have the frames I wanted, without screwing up my prescription at all, it would just cost more, because it's special lenses that has to be ordered. The same special lenses that he had ordered for my husband's glasses.

I placed my order with him and am getting the frames I want. Plus, he gave us a huge discount. He is the reason we didn't pull all of our orders from the store and I told him that. I told him from now on, we will always ask for him when we go in.

I don't know what the saleswoman's problem was, if she thought I couldn't afford the special lenses or what. I certainly got the impression she thought I couldn't afford anything, since she was showing me very cheap frames, not even near the style I had picked out. She was also going on and on about the cheap lenses they have available.

I may go cheap on somethings, but my family's glasses are not one those things.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Usually, if someone wants a cheaper option, they'll ask for it. I think she was at best inconsiderate, and at worst, just plain rude. Sorry you had to put up with her, though. *hugs*
    God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

As someone who has to wear corrective lenses, I feel your pain Mis. And I have a pretty strong prescription (I'm nearsighted quite badly) and have never, in over 20 years of having to wear glasses, heard anyone tell me that they couldn't fit the prescription I needed into a pair of frames I had picked out. That woman was feeding you some major BS.

And, FYI, you can have your lenses cut specially so that they aren't so thick if you have a strong presciption.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

DGoddess, I have a very strong prescription as well as my oldest son and neither one of us have ever had the thick lenses.

The doctor gave me a prescription, for the first time in my life for bifocals. They don't do the no line bifocals anymore, it's a progressive lens now or the lined bifocals. She tried to tell me they couldn't fit my progressive lenses into the frames I wanted. I told her fine, then put in a lined bifocal. She told me that too was impossible.

I knew she was full of it, because I was there when my husband picked out and ordered his glasses. He wears bifocals and has for the last 11 years. I helped him pick out his frames and was there when the salesman put his order through. The salesman tried to get him to go with the progressive, since my husband doesn't want a line showing, but my husband tried them about 8 years ago and didn't like them, they gave him headaches. So, he went with a lined bifocal, which he might change, but wants to see how the lined bifocal looks first.

I ordered the progressive, to see if I like them. The salesman told me that if I don't like them I can bring them back and get the lined bifocal and a refund of some of my money, since the lined bifocal is cheaper than the progressive.

Comment

When I wore glasses (for about 15 years, then got Lasik) my prescription was sooo high that I had thick butt glasses that the lense edge could be seen out of the frame (every frame was like that).

Finally they came out with the Bates Lites (IIRC) type lenses, were thinner and fit into the frame.

Those were nice.

That saleslady what a witch.

Comment

Someone trying to sell you something for CHEAPER?
            If I were a salesman, I'd make up some fancy sounding name, like the SUPERSIGHT LENS VERSION 5.3859847* and tack on a ridiculously high price, then tell them it was marked down from an even more ridiculously high price.

*Now with heat vision!
            "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Gawdzillers, what she was trying to sell me was cheaper and looked it. The frames and lenses she was trying to sell me where cheap crap.

Comment

Oddly enough, I like my $50 black plastic frames MUCH better than my more expensive metal frames.

That saleswoman was the suckiest suck that ever sucked, though.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                  Gawdzillers, what she was trying to sell me was cheaper and looked it. The frames and lenses she was trying to sell me where cheap crap.
                  Ugh. I can't stand people like that.

*Slightly off-topic here*

When I was looking at cars in 2000, one of the dealers insisted that I look at the new Hyundais...since they were "nice cars." This was at the beginning of the sales boom for Korean cars. Also keep in mind that I'm not a large guy. You'll see why that's important Anyway, since I'm too nice, I opened the door of the then-new Elantra to see how it felt. Imagine my surprise when the driver's seat *collapsed* under my weight when I sat on it Nice car, my ass (pun intended ) *Before I get slammed here, Hyundai has improved things since then--I think this car was just a bad one. Hey, it happens*

That was rather mild in comparision to what happened at the Mazda dealer. When I go car-shopping (or any shopping for that matter), I like to look at things, and then go hunt down an employee if I have questions. That's not what happened here. No sooner do I walk into the showroom, when this *leech* comes over. The very first thing the guy said was something about how I needed to budget for it, and how "cars were expensive."

Uh, are you kidding me? It wasn't so much *what* he said, but *how* he said it. To me, he came off as an arrogant prick who thought I obviously couldn't afford it. Nice to insult a protential customer there...

Good thing I liked the car, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Heh heh heh. But, he later got what was coming to him. Apparently, he pissed off the wrong person...and is no longer a salesman. He'd been "promoted" to a worthless management position, and no longer deals with customers. Karma's a bitch like that
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've got pretty bad vision, too. Nearsighted with an astigmatism. I can't remember what they're called, but I got really superlight, superthin lenses. Had to pay a little bit extra, but it's worth it!

Quoth protege View Post
                    That was rather mild in comparision to what happened at the Mazda dealer. When I go car-shopping (or any shopping for that matter), I like to look at things, and then go hunt down an employee if I have questions. That's not what happened here. No sooner do I walk into the showroom, when this *leech* comes over. The very first thing the guy said was something about how I needed to budget for it, and how "cars were expensive."
                    What is it with car dealers (no offense to any here)? I was taking my car to the body shop to get the front end fixed after my wreck (front left side bashed in, headlights misaligned and had to leave them up). Along that stretch of road there are several car dealerships and, naturally, you can't get from one lot to the other without going back out on the street. Well, I miscalculated, turned in one too early, and was trying to turn around. Out runs two salesmen and one actually plants himself in front of me, asking what kind of car they can show me. The one in front of my car wouldn't move (until I inched up ), even though I'm telling them I just made a wrong turn and have no intention of getting a car. Jeez!
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

My parents had a problem similar at a car dealership. In 1994-95 my mother had fallen in love with the new Jeep Grand Cherokees.

They go to the dealership and the salesman asked what they were looking to spend. They told him, and he said they didn't even belong on his lot.

They left, and I refuse to buy any vehicles from them, or any of the one's owned by the same guy.

Comment

Now that sucks. Since most car salespeople are on commission, I have no idea why they think it's a good idea to piss off a potential customer. Around here, there are *plenty* of dealers who will be happy to take my cash. Some of them are bastards though--a certain Chevy place "minutes from the mall" comes to mind...

After my Tempo was destroyed in '94, I had no choice but to get another car. Nothing fancy, just to use to get to class or work. For about a week, my father and I went to every dealership in town. Keep in mind that when I was at the Chevy place, I still had a neck brace (damn whiplash!) on, and was still sore, etc.

Anyway, as we're going into the dealership, one of the guys comes over and helps us. Not even a second after I said I wanted to see something on the lot, he came up with this gem:

"Well, unless you're going to buy a car *today* I'm not walking all the way up there."

Um, I was *not* happy, folks! I told Dad, "fuck this, we're outta here." He wasn't happy either--in fact, he lost it, went inside, and reamed the guy out, along with the manager.

Watching all this, one of the younger guys came out to help us. At that point, I didn't care. However, I did get to test-drive a Geo Storm. Nice car, nice salesguy, but I wasn't going to give them the business. They'd already shot themselves in the foot. Unless they were going to sell me the car at a *huge* discount, I was leaving. The next week, I bought the Tercel
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Did you let sucky saleslady know that she was wrong? What was her reaction?
                          Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

RavenStarr, I haven't talked to her since that night.

The lab had no problem making my lenses and put them in the frames I wanted and she was there and looked right at me when I picked them up and wore them out of the store.

Comment

Was she looking something like this

Ah well if she acts with other customers the same way she did with you, I don't see her being there very long.
                              Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Working...
                              X