This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its dead.....

...my laptop that is. I happened to spill some stuff of the alcohol variety ALL OVER IT and now (for some reason) it wont stay turned on!!!!! Not to mention, though its been cleaned several times, the keys ares still STICKY and some barely move. No one warned me of the dangers of drinking and [web]surfing....

My husband AKA computer doctor did all that he could, but he's pretty sure its going to flatline.

Im sad. Ive only had it for 2 years or so and it worked great, not to mention I was going to sell it when I was done and put that money towards a new one...

Dear Amina516,

It may help if you think of your deceased laptop as you would a pet that died before its time.

It was a treasured creature. It was a part of the family but it isn't there any more. Time to move on. Get a new one and remember that drinking and driving the keyboard isn't always the best idea.
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Aw, I'm sorry. *offers *

Can you at least recover your files? That might take some of the sting out, but it still stinks big. *offers chocolate and comfort*
      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
      -----
      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

The files have all been able to be moved to our network hard drive...still sucks!! My husband says it doesnt want to work right b/c I didnt name it....LOL. He names all his electronics from his Zune to the actual comp to the harddrive.

Thats all fine though. I ordered a new one today and even named it already. It has a backlit keyboard (YAY!!! im easy to please!) & now I can CS.com in complete darkness!!! hahaha...
        Last edited by Amina516; 04-08-2009, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Kind of ironic. When you apply alcohol to people, it HELPS to turn them on.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            Kind of ironic. When you apply alcohol to people, it HELPS to turn them on.

Yes it does... especially if it's in liberal amounts
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Expect your motherboard to be fried.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
              X