This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm speechless....

My mom just sent me a friends invite on Facebook.

Ever since she's gotten the laptop (and she had a desktop for years before this) she's learned how to tap into unsecured wireless networks, expanded to THREE email addresses, and now is on Facebook?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

My mom uses the Internet to email, shop, and get directions. That's it. I would be very reluctant to add my mother if she somehow did sign up; I know she would chastize me for some of the things I post, she's a bit reserved and conservative that way.
    Testing
    "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I'm friends with my mom on Facebook. And my sister. And my cousins (the ones I like, anyway), and their mother...and their fiancees.

Huh. Guess my family is kinda close. Odd.

I have yet to add the parents of friends from school, though. *That* might be a bit weird.

Comment

I'm friends with my dad's brother, and one of my mom's brothers and both his kids. My dad's on there but he doesn't use it much so we're not friends.

Actually, I don't use it much, either...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm friends with my mom, sisters, cousins, aunts and uncles, my dad's pretty much out of the loop since he doesn't have Facebook.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I'm kinda scared to know if my father's eldest thr--wait, two, now--children are on Facebook.

I only see them at funerals nowadays...and that by accident.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              I'm kinda scared to know if my father's eldest thr--wait, two, now--children are on Facebook.

I only see them at funerals nowadays...and that by accident.

Their choice.

Jerks.
              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

My younger sister drug me kicking and screaming onto myspace. She has contacted a lot of our cousins on there, and wanted to add to her circle.

I've got to admit though, it's kinda nice to communicate with some of them again. Some I've not seen since our Grandmothers funeral, and some not even then.

Eric the Grey
                In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  she's learned how to tap into unsecured wireless networks, expanded to THREE email addresses, and now is on Facebook?
                  My brother was recently lamenting the fact that people don't change the basic password on wireless networks (he works in IT) so much so that he was using the free wireless when on holidays recently before he'd been given log in info
                  It's like trying to get laid by showing a girl your resume.
                  Look, I was good at Biology and Woodwork.
                  So I know where stuff is and I'm good with my hands.

- Dan, The Gruen Transfer

Comment

My Dad is all over the internet, forums, ebay, etc. Mom still has to have us check her e-mails so they sound ok, or asks us to send them for her.

My mother-in-law is on Myspace though.

Comment

You all don't even understand.

My GRANDMOTHER has Facebook. I'm not making that up.
                      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Working...
                      X