This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No cookies for the neighbor's kids

I just finished baking vast quantities of oatmeal raisin cranberry cookies for Easter (and let me tell you, it was pure torture since today is Good Friday and I need to fast).

Now, the neighbor's two young kids love my cookies and apparently had requested that they be allowed to come over and have some the next time I made them. I didn't know this until my mother told me about halfway through baking them.

Well, the first batch was cool enough to eat, so I said they were more than welcome to come over. By sheer coincidence, the neighbor called about then.

Me: Hey, tell her if the kids are still up and want some cookies for desert, they can have some!

And well......they got nothing.

It seems that the youngest - the boy - was in serious trouble because he took a ball of very expensive yarn my mother had given to his mother as a Christmas present and CHOPPED IT TO BITS.

So, yeah, he's not getting any cookies. And the daughter had already brushed her teeth and was going to bed. She will probably being coming by tomorrow, but her brother is in the dog house and won't be allowed to have ANY cookies - mine or the ones the neighbor was baking while he was destroying the ball of yarn.
    Last edited by Dave1982; 04-11-2009, 01:49 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

A parent who actually disciplines their kids! Will wonders never cease?
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

A real parent disciplined their child?!! OMG that's wonderful!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Wow! I want cookies!

My friend's birthday was on Good Friday and we were both off work so I took her to breakfast. I ordered Thin Mints from her neice and she forgot them!!! Like I really wanted to take her to breakfast... Where mah cookies!?!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          It seems that the youngest - the boy - was in serious trouble because he took a ball of very expensive yarn my mother had given to his mother as a Christmas present and CHOPPED IT TO BITS.
          was he thinking?! Good grief, even my maniac son knows well enough to keep his hands off my sewing and art supplies!

I just hope his sister isn't penalized for her brother's stupid behavior (unless she was in on it too, and it doesn't sound like she was).
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

I just hope his sister isn't penalized for her brother's stupid behavior (unless she was in on it too, and it doesn't sound like she was).
            She gets to have cookies tomorrow...she should eat them in front of little brother as punishment.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              was he thinking?! Good grief, even my maniac son knows well enough to keep his hands off my sewing and art supplies!
              Well, he's only.....3....maybe 4. Young enough to get into trouble, and old enough to be punished for it.

For some reason they didn't stop by today. I'll have to run some over in the morning.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
              X