This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Radio Question

I was listening to the radio while stuck in traffic and they had an interesting choice for the listeners and I'm curious to see if this group agrees with the majority of callers. You were given 3 options and you had to choose 1 to get.

A. An extra 3 weeks of paid vacation per year permanently.
    B. Lose 30-40 pounds permanently
    C. $10,000 cash right now with no tax

Personally I would have a hard choice between 3 extra weeks of vacation and losing the weight but am leaning more towards the vacation. So what are your choices?
    3 extra weeks vacation forever
    17.24%
    Lose 30-40 pounds forever
    31.03%
    $10,000 cash now
    51.72%

Well, after learning I've gained 30 pounds since I first went to the health center freshman year, and it's only junior year, I'd like to get rid of that 30 pounds and get back to a healthier weight.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I'd pick B also.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I'm caught between losing the weight and having tax free money.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I picked the vacation.

I am not overweight and while the money would be awesome, I get more freaked out over having not enough time to myself than I do when I am low on money.

So I'll take the time.

Comment

Let's see... 30-40 pounds would not cure my weight issue. I just lost my job (so I'm on permanent vacation until I can find one *mutters about stupid doctor messing up her medical leave and getting her fired*) and I'm struggling to meet my bills... so... 10,000 tax free please!
            "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

It's the vacation for me. Money tends to go quickly and I'd rather have more time away from work.
              If you don't like my attitude, talk to the manager!!! Oh, wait, that would be me!!

Yes, I'm the manager. I'm also known as "the brick wall".

Comment

30-40 pounds forever. I like the amount of vacation I have now, plus weekends off and even though the $10K is really nice, I'm sure I could start working and make more than that if I was in shape.
                Quote Dalesys:
                ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Let me think...

I'll take one third of each, please.

Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'd love to lose the 30-40 pounds....but seeing as how I don't know how I'm going to afford to live this summer..money, please.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I like my job, so I don't need the vacation, and I've got pretty much what I want now, so I'd probably just blow the $10k on frivolous stuff. So that leaves the weight. 40lbs would put me in spitting range of my "ideal" body weight.
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I chose the weight too. I can make more money as I need it. The printer has some really good ink in it. I don't need more time at home right now, so the vacation isn't even sounding good at all.

Comment

At this point in time, I'd rather have the money (so I can pay down my debts and not worry too much while job-hunting).
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

The money was very tempting, then I remembered that my weight is one of the primary factors in both my allergies and my sleep apnea.

I'm at 250 and should be about 190. 40 lbs is two thirds of that.

Maybe without the extra weight I'd have enough energy to exercise more off.
                            » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

I'd lose the weight. I already get 3 weeks vacation ^-^
                              The money would be nice, but there are other people who need it more than me.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X