This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new toy <squeeee>

I just made the day of someone that had to work today .... and got myself a new toy!

My dad died recently, and the will just got probated, so I paid off the house, and my car ... which is great because I got laid off a few weeks ago ... but I had enough left over and mrAru and I decided it was my money to do anything I wanted with ...

I bought me a hot tub. I had decided what one I wanted a while ago, and it went on my wish list ... and today when we made the decision to get it, we went online to find the closest vendor. For the heck of it we called down - mainly to see if they would be having hours tomorrow, and a live human actually answered the phone! We hopped in the car, went straight down, and I gave the nice man a check for the total, and it will be delivered in about 2 weeks!

So, despite him having to actually work on easter sunday, he now gets a commission on a hot tub instead of just some miscellaneous pool supplies or something like that
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

HOT TUB PARTY!!!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      HOT TUB PARTY!!!

I second this!

Comment

Wish I had a hot tub, especially one I could sit in while watching TV...

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          HOT TUB PARTY!!!
          YAAAAY HOT TUB PARTY!

IT'S NAKED TIME! BING!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm really pumped at getting it, when we were in Maine a few weeks ago we hit the hot tub in the hotel for about an hour, and the inflammation in my feet went down, the ache stopped and I got a killer nights sleep without taking pain meds. Really didnt start bothering me for about 12 hours or so ... I would normally get the suggestion to use one of those heated footbath thingies, but the only ones I have been able to find until now had the heat only with the vibration option, and that actually causes joint damage in my feet ... so getting to soak twice a day will rule!

It is the Solana RX it is going out on the back deck, which right now is uncovered but mrAru is going to roof it over. The house is sided with cedar shingles so I want to go with a sort of rustic/natural motif, so I am getting a towel bar and 4 hooks to hold the robes and towel, and a few shoji lanterns for mood lighting, and I have been thinking of a fire bowl for the ambiance.

I have some plastic bamboo looking shades that we are using to wall in the tub section of the porch for privacy. Should be very relaxing.

Not to mention the kitchen redo, so I can cook sitting down, or in my wheelchair if it is a particularly bad day ... not much more than changing out the lower cupboards for accessable ones, but still it will improve the quality of life around here=)
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
            X