This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Canadians

Okay by now I can usually find what I need in this strange land, but every once and a while I get stumped.

I know exactly where to find this item in NZ, but I can not find it anywhere in Canada.

So far I have tried Zellers, Stupid Store, Wal mart, and Save on Foods and none of the store carry it.

What do I want.... a ice pack for my chilly bin!!!!

one of these buggers

I'm going to try London drugs and a camping store we have in town next!

I have no idea why this item is proving so elusive! Any ideas on where I can fine one?
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Have you tried Canadian Tire? They usually have stuff.

Of course it could just be that it is April and they haven't stocked the ice packs for the chilly bins yet.
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Did you look in the camping sections of walmart? I know that my Walmart here in Washington state doens carry those year round. It is easiest to find them in the spring and at back to school times. ALso you might try a place that sells lunch boxes and lunch kits.

Good luck.

Comment

Yeah, my first guess would have been Canadian Tire, in the camping section.

My dad used to keep his beer cold by putting it in a a bag and hanging it over the edge of the boat.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Okay I will try Canadian tire tomorrow thanks for the suggestion guys and gals!

We looked everywhere in Wal mart, tried camping, picnic supplies, seasonal, tried looking where the chilly bins were... each store had chilly bins but no ice packs.

Comment

Canadian Tire was my first thought too - with camping/picnic supplies. I worked there as a teen and remember stocking them. They are pretty much a "seasonal" item though usually only in the summer, but you might be able to find some now.
            The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Do you have a Army and Navy nearby? If you do, that would probably be a good place to check out. They have loads of camping gear.

Comment

Chilly bin? What the f*ck is a chilly bin?!
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  Chilly bin? What the f*ck is a chilly bin?!
                  Cooler, I'm assuming. It's the only thing I've ever used a cold pack in.
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

This is a Chilly bin, its a bin thats a bit chilly

We are going to Vancouver this weekend for the fun run and to keep costs down were taking most of our food.

Comment

Canadian Tire should have them.

If not, do things on the cheap.

Take some empty Milk/OJ cartons, fill them 3/4 full of water and pop them in the freezer about 2 days before you leave. Seal them up, and if you have a place to re-freeze them, you're golden and have not spent a cent. Most of the time, they will still be cold a couple of days on if you have the 2l cartons.

B
                      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                      I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

The other thing, a lot of places now have the ones that aren't a hard case like that. Last time I needed one they only had the "soft" ones.

Comment

Seriously. It's a cooler. No one will take you seriously if you keep calling it a chilly bin.
                          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                            Seriously. It's a cooler. No one will take you seriously if you keep calling it a chilly bin.
                            Broomy you have yet again ruined my joy with your cruelty. Our Friendship is OVER!

....J/K :P
                            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Canadian Tire, Camping section, yes.

However, speaking from experience in Vancouver. I loaded up with a bunch of those from a dollar store at Metrotown for a $1.25 a pop. Use to use them to get through the summer. One of those babies resting on your groin will drop your core temp pretty damn fast. =p

Hell, just go to Metrotown anyway. If you can't find it there it doesn't exist. ><

Comment

Working...
                              X