This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Job *whew*

So, I've been freaking out more than a little over the fact that I was going to be unemployed all summer. Our TA contracts cover August to May, that's it. The summer we're on our own. I had a little put back, enough for rent and most bills.

I got an e-mail today offering me a summer gig! They do shows during the summer, and I'll be the Assistant Director/Stage Manager for one of those shows. Pays $1200. *whew* I can buy groceries! There are two completely sucktastic things:

1) This will be during June. Which means I won't be able to go home for Father's Day, Dad's birthday, or...my nephew's birthday. I am really upset about this. Dad understands...Monster's turning 4. I'm supposed to be there for these things. (His other aunt won't even cross town to come to his birthday parties). *sigh*

2) I've never AD'd a show. I've only stage managed once, and it was an awful experience. But, that was a long time ago, and I'm older and more mature now. So..I'm hopeful, but still pretty nervous.

So...yay for paying bills! Boo for....everything else.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS
Working...
X