This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair help, por favor!

Ok. So Prom is coming up (May 2nd). I dyed my hair red around Valentine's Day. My natural hair color is brown.

Can you see where this is going?

Roots.

The thing is, I don't think I should dye my hair until around graduation time (EXACTLY 4 WEEKS TODAY!!).

Can anyone give me hairstyles/tips on covering my roots so I know what I want when I get to the salon chair May 2nd?

Please?
    "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Guess what I did about 3 weeks ago.

Dye my dark brown hair red.

How about this one? It's fairly simple and would hide some of your roots.

I was flown out for Prom (I advise against Prom. Most boring event of my life) in Sugar Land, TX some years back. Make sure you get a partner that can dance. Otherwise, like I did, you'll spend your prom sitting around talking to complete strangers (or in the corner) because your stupid prom date found someone else to talk to.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

A really easy way to hide roots is to do a side part, or if you have bangs, pull them back, puff em up, and clip them back in the center of your head.

Or you could always buy a bottle of root touch up.....really not as hard as it looks!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

How red is it? Have you considered just going with a box color to redo the color so you don't have the root problem? I have light brown hair and dye my hair a light auburn; and I usually don't have roots too bad because I can retouch it every month and a half or so.
        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Well, my hair is already box colored. I don't want to have to dye my hair again for Prom and then have to redo it for graduation, which aren't that far apart. That could be really bad for my hair.

BTW it's really red. Not unnatural red, but a fiery red.
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Working...
          X