X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what these are?

Highlight to see:

These are two aluminum batteries that APC included to mount a battery backup onto a rack-mounded server system.

Aluminum screws = very light, very weak, and very bendable.
    Battery backup = extremely heavy - 50+ pounds

Luckily the superior ninja reflexes of myself and the guy from Siemens installing the security system allowed us to catch it instead of it crashing onto the floor - and our feet.

Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

wow, did they include the workers comp paperwork prefilled for you too? /sarcasm

ive seen plenty of fixtures that required grade 5 steel hardware or better, something like that i would have expected at least grade 3 for if not grade 5. wonder who contracted the attachment hardware and how much they lined their pockets with afterwords.....
    This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
    my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hello boss? I'd like to quit now. Someone's trying to kill me.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

They used aluminum mounts for a battery backup!!? What kind of f***ing morons put that together? Glad you and the equipment survived in tact. I would suggest to your boss that you never order from that company again. They show an alarming lack of attention to details.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Ordering from them never again would be hard. It was from APC.

These screws were included with the backup so I figured that they knew what they were sending and I used them.

I'm also glad my feet survived - that would have been extremely painful.
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
          X