This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Figthing with Facebook..

I've been fighting with Facebook back and fourth because I want to have my real name displayed. They keep refusing it because they say it is "gang related".

What do I need to do? I told them to check the WhoIs on Draggar.net, I even own (my real name).com and to search for me on LinkedIn (including who I work for).

Jeez...

Gangstah Draggah!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

I've heard of that happening. What a nuisance!

Comment

Dude, what is your real name?? "Gangs R. Cool"???
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I had to look to see what this name is that's causing so much trouble, and I can kind of see where the confusion lies. Is it an automated reply that you're getting that telling you that your name is gang related, or is it somebody behind a computer with too much time on their hands?

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
          Dude, what is your real name?? "Gangs R. Cool"???
          No, Gangsta Boysinda Crypt.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

If your name is even remotely close to a famous person, or character in something famous, it'll reject it as well.

Comment

Can you email FB directly perhaps with a salute (like you have to with myspace) or even a scan of your drivers licence or something like that
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

i have the reverse problem -- they wont let me remove my real name (no longer wish to have my last name listed) so i had to use a different name to disguise it

Comment

I can see why they won't let you. Wow. But they should have some way to change that (like someone else said, a driver's license scan or something)

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                    or even a scan of your drivers licence or something like that
                    Quoth PhotoChick View Post
                    (like someone else said, a driver's license scan or something)
                    No, no, no. Never EVER do something like that, even with a known site. It only takes one disgruntled employee to release information, then you are royally screwed.
                    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                      No, no, no. Never EVER do something like that, even with a known site. It only takes one disgruntled employee to release information, then you are royally screwed.
                      Don't worry, I wouldn't do that. I've offered them the WhoIs of the main sites I use including (myrealname).com so they can see it is not BS.

I even sent them a link to my LinkedIn profile and told them that I can let most of my contacts tell them my real name.
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I think it's more like the DMV banned plates thread.

Even if you can prove 100% that this is really truly your real name, if it's against whatever their rules for names are, they're not going to display it. Like the DMV doesn't really care that that chick simply liked tofu.

Comment

There was a lady on my old old route who was unable to get a Facebook account to keep up with her kids across the country. Her name? Betty Ruebal (May she rest in peace).

Comment

Working...
                          X