This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• err help? s.v.p

*sigh* I'm hoping for some input from the more experienced (read: older than moi) people out here.. so there's this girl at work I would like to ask out but I'm not sure because I've always heard about "fishing off the company pier" I mean I'm a manager so i'm not really supposed to date crew, however she is up for promotion soon, so I don't think that will interfere.. and I work nights so I never really see people.. but the question is.. should I go for it? is it worth it really?

If she's up for promotion, and you get involved with her, it could very well ruin that promotion. With the Management not dating crew, I wouldn't even think about it until she's management.

Even then, I, personally, wouldn't date co-workers, just because if anything happens, it doesn't just make home life awkward, it makes work awkward as well...

But, then again... if you're really into her, just go for it.
    Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth InSearchOfSunset View Post
      should I go for it?
      You'll never forgive yourself if you don't.

is it worth it really?
      From what I see, not really.

Rapscallion

Comment

Dude - been there, done that.

There's a reason why it's such a cliche'. And in this economy, I'd say it's probably even less-advisible.

Sorry to be blunt, but there you have it.

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

well I know there is no chance of either of use losing our job. Dating crew isn't a fireable offense.. it's a transferable offense. So seeing as I'm the manager right now... I would be possibly transferred to another location in the city...

Comment

It sounds like you're trying to talk yourself into it.

If you cant be fired, and it feels right, go for it I guess...just be careful!
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

well I know there is no chance of either of use losing our job. Dating crew isn't a fireable offense.. it's a transferable offense. So seeing as I'm the manager right now... I would be possibly transferred to another location in the city...
              I dated one of my managers and I was the one to get transferred. Luckily they let me wait a few months until something opened up that was worth transferring for (especially since their first suggestion was way too far of a drive to be worth what they were paying me). We were together for 2 years, and broke up for reasons completely unrelated to work.

Do you know how she feels? I would be careful, but I won't say it's automatically not worth it. I know couples that met through work and ended up happily married, so...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X