This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wedding announcement advice

Help! I have to write out the invitations for our wedding reception party thing.. and I really have no idea how to do it. I mean, there really is no wedding to invite people to, it's just a barbecue in the backyard, but I have these invitations I need to write to these people I've never met.. and I'm just so clueless.
    "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Found some suggestions here. Similar situation - couple getting married at the courthouse and inviting people to a restaurant reception afterward. The first suggestion sounds reasonable; just don't include the time/place of the wedding itself, since they're not being invited to it (whether it's because there just isn't a ceremony or you're keeping it small/going to the courthouse). Something like:

Adam & Eve
    Will be joined in marriage
    Whenever 2009

Please join them in celebration
    at a BBQ reception
    Hosted by whoever
    Date
    Time
    Place

If you want to be less formal, you could just do something simple like

Adam and Eve are getting married on X day!
    The ceremony will be small but the celebration will be big.
    Come celebrate with us at a BBQ on DATE at PLACE and TIME.
    Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 04-18-2009, 04:20 PM. Reason: screwy formatting
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Just pull out any wedding invitation/announcement you've seen, and adjust it to your needs. For example, I'll use my friend Cat's most recent one as a skeleton, and plug the changed information in as such:

It is with great joy that we, Setsunaela and Setsunaela's Fiance invite you to share in the celebration of our love at our wedding reception on Monday, June 8, 2009 at Bubba's Backyard Bar and Barbecue in Jesterville, AZ.

You get the idea.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Depending on how formal you want the invitations, here are a couple examples:

(this one is a bit formal)

Setsunaela and Husband
        Request the honour
        of your attendance
        at the celebration
        of their marriage

The Reception will take place
        at four o'clock on
        May third, two thousand and nine
        Place
        Address

RSVP

and then on a separate little insert, you can explain that the reception will be a casual BBQ

(more informal)

Setsunaela and Husband
        would like to request the pleasure
        of your company
        at a barbecue reception
        following a private wedding ceremony

Place
        Address
        Date
        Time

RSVP

Generally, if it's a casual reception you'd go with a casual invitation. But these days you can pretty much do whatever you want. My wife and I had a (very) casual wedding ceremony and reception, but we had more formal invitations.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

also, depending on what you want (and whats in your area). Take a notepad and go to a kinkos and peruse the Wedding Invitation Catalogs and canabolize them to make your own. (they have a fuckton of these things to look thru).
          My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Working...
          X