This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trunk ate your homework

Is what my daughter is going to tell her students Monday.

She got rear-ended last night, totaling her Neon, and all their assignments and lesson plans are trapped.

She's OK (ran a 5K race this morning), but this car only lasted 14 months - last one was T-boned by a red light runner. This time some schmuck smashed the three cars waiting at a light. (bet the idiot was texting)
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Neons are very easy to total. All you gotta do is run over a large enough twig. They bottom out running over a mouse.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Well, she's OK, and that's the important part. I couldn't even sit up in bed the next morning after my car-totalling rear-ender, let alone run anywhere (not that I could run a 5K in the first place ). When I got hit my trunk turned into an accordion...trapping a blanket and a paper bag that went with it to the junkyard. Can the trunk just not be opened at all? Or did everything get destroyed?
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Damn Neons are nice cars (hubby has one, Mmmm leather seating).

Glad she's ok and she has a great excuse for class.
        As soon as I start thinking
        That I'm sensible and sane
        The Random Hedgehog comes along
        And fiddles with my Brain
        (from card I got)

Comment

You should be able to pop the trunk open with a crowbar. That's what we had to do when my Tempo got rear-ended. All of my school books, coat, and other stuff was in there. Since the car was totaled, prying it open was best--the car had been hit hard enough that not only was the trunk jammed shut, but the right rear door was at an angle It took all I had not to use the crowbar...and do some "bodywork" on the rest of the car. Since the engine was blown up too, it wouldn't have mattered
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I went over to my daughter's: Her Neon is nearly 2 feet shorter in back (where schmuck-o-suck hit) and has rubbing for 2.5 feet on the hodd where she was shoved under the truck in front. Neither driver side door will open... and her insurance company wanted to take it to a body shop to see if it's repairable! Once they looked at it, they agreed: no way! offering 4K$ for a car she paid 4.8K 18 months ago and put 24K miles on ain't too bad.

She's coordinated with other teachers for transport to her "enriching young minds" job (15 miles) and with another troglodyte for her summer job in the pits of Timpanogos Cave (35 miles).

She's OK, and managed to get in the trunk through the back seat.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
            X