This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need my film done NOW!

Ugh what a day! Okay I was in the photo lab today, and our store like most in our chain offers printer ink refills. Well, our black ink had a massive leak last week, and my CWs fixed it, but they didn't clean the boxes that the bags of ink sit in and they didn't clean the drawer that the boxes themselves sit in, causing me grief today. I went to fill a black ink cartridge, and I got a "error" message on the screen. I didn't know what to do, so I opened up a ticket and waited for the help center to call me. They eventually do, and I open the drawer and found out that each of the five boxes in there needed to be removed because the entire bottom section of the machine was completely saturated with black ink. So I shut down the entire photo lab while I set about disconnecting every box and taking them all out. (It wound up taking me about four hours to take everything apart, clean everything, double check for another leak, find new boxes to put the bags of ink into, re-connect all the ink bags, and clean up the ink everywhere.)

So here I am sitting on the floor, bags of differently colored ink all around me, empty black soaked boxes on garbage bags and paper towels so they don't stain the floor, I have this huge apron on, gloves, ink all over my arms, on my forehead (Don't ask how) in my hair even! Cleaning solution on my hand scouring the drawer out, and cleaning the bags and tubes connected to the bags. This idiot comes up to my counter.

SC = Stupid idiotic customers.
    Me =

SC: "Yeah I need to pick up my film."
    Me: "Just give me two seconds to take off my gloves and I'll give you your pictures."
    SC: "*Big impatiant sigh*
    Me: "Here you go!" *Hands him his pictures* "If you just head over to main, you can pay for them there."
    SC: "I need to drop off another camera!"
    Me: "I'm sorry sir, but our lab is shut down for now while I fix this machine."
    SC: "What the hell?!? There is always fucking problems when I come to this fucking photo lab!"
    Me: "Well I'm very sorry sir, but I need to fix this. Have a great day." *Sweet smile and gets right back to what I'm doing*
    SC: *Storms off muttering* "You don't have to be a fucking pain the ass about it..."

Seriously dude? Okay you come over to my lab, see me kneeling on the floor covered in ink, taking apart a machine and you're suprised you can't get your pictures done right away? What the hell is wrong with you?!?

On the bright side, I just called my store and talked to the photo tech that took over for me. What I did worked, and the machine is up and working just fine. Some people....ugh.

*hands over sympathy cookies*
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

*takes one* thank you! Yummy! Luckilly I have tomorrow off, and I'm spending time with my plants and far, far away from people. I still have some ink on me, but it's faded. I used some goop my dad had (It's actually called goop, it's for your hands and clothes.) and took a loooong shower when I got home.

Comment

Camera with film? Really?

Where is your store, by The Smithsonian?

For better or for worse, I was at a major photography convention last month and a huge topic of discussion was the decline of film, and further the decline in printing pictures in the way we are used to - with big machines of chemicals. More and more images are being printed at home, or simply shared through social media outlets - which calls for a shift in business trends.

Comment

Actually we get a TON of film! I'm glad our store still does them, cause I personally prefer film over digital...call me old fashioned.

Comment

Working...
          X