This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a redo...

Saturday the 18th...my birthday well fun. The weather was wonderful, the mail was somewhat light, and meds were keeping the sinus pain down enough to work. My voice was shot but what the hell...I was going to enjoy today as much as I could.

Realtor calls me and wants to know if I've heard from the mortgage broker, I tell her I haven't. She swears, wishes me a good birthday and tell me she'll call me back. I wait for her call till around 3pm and after no call I try calling her. Several times in fact, and get no answer nor do I get a call back. *sighs*

I'm feeling a bit awful so I take some meds and fall asleep.

Sunday the 19th...get a few e-mails for late congrats and take some more meds. Now I have no voice, randomly sneeze and cough, but generally am okay. Called my realator to see if she still wanted to go out since she had something about it a couple days prior. Still no answer or call back.

*sighs*

Mom couldn't be here, I'm single, and my own 'take out to dinner' plans fell through. F*ing hell, I want a redo.

Aw, that sucks.

My 31st birthday I got carsick on the way to my party. I barely managed half a drink...that one needed a redo, too..
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I want a redo of my 21st and 22nd birthdays. Got dumped right before the 21st, and didn't even get a cake or even really a "Happy Birthday" this year!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My last really awesome fun birthday was probably my 13th or something. I've always had crappy birthdays as a 'grown up' - although none more spectacularly crappy than my 18th (right after a dear friend of the family died and Mom was officially diagnosed with cancer and had her masectomy). I blame it on the summer. Summer birthdays SUCK. Everybody's always out of town doing summer stock or on vacation. Sometimes I go home, which is equally lame. I mean, I love my folks, but I don't want to party it up on my birthday with them. Blah.
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

My 16th birthday everyone forgot until the day after.

But my friend got horrible food poisoning on her 21st, so I don't feel so bad.
          Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Marty, your 16th birthday would be a modern remake of "Sixteen Candles" then.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I got forgotten on my 17th. Mom was sick, friends 'forgot', work scheduled me on my day off, and I had a big test to study for. Meh...I still got a new walkman to listen to on the bus to school the next morning.

Comment

I want to redo my 40th. Instead of stupid useless crap that I hated and people doing something at the last damn minute because they forgot. I'd much rather have had them forget it totally.

Comment

So do it!

Have a redo birthday. Declare that it wasn't your birthday, that instead some other day is your birthday this year, and go out and have fun!
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Working...
                  X