This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danger Will Jesterson! Danger!

So my older sister, The Witch, who last talked to me when she woke me up with a text at an ungodly hour to tell me about the weather where she lives, messaged me again the other day. It was at a reasonable hour, but it was to ask me if the rumor she heard that I was going to be in Salt Lake City the weekend of her birthday happened to be true.

Why yes, yes it is. Whyever do you ask? (Yes, I feared the answer.)

Well, it just so happens that SHE is going to be in SLC the same weekend, and would I like to get together with her for a birthday cocktail?

The following flashed through my mind in about 1.4 seconds, but I'll slow it down for you:

That Friday I fly into Salt Lake City, get settled in Groom's Mom's house, and organize the bachelor party, no mean feat in the center of Mormonville. So no go on Friday.

That Saturday is the night of the wedding, and I am helping with a few things. So, no go on Saturday.

Sunday I am free to explore the city as everyone else is leaving, but I had no intention of waking up at the crack of Hell to get on a 7 am plane back to Florida the morning after a wedding. So in theory, I would have free time to get together with her. And, due to a football bet from when our schools played in a bowl game a few years ago, the woman does owe me a beer.

And thus my answer was formulated: "Sorry, sis, all my time in SLC is going to be taken up by the wedding. Won't be able to do it."

Is it a lie? Technically, yes, though I would like to point out that it is 2/3 true. But I am going to have all of one day to enjoy a city I have never been to, perhaps meet up with some cool people, and the specter of dealing with that woman on that one day sits about as well with me as cheap food from a poorly kept cafe in Tijuana sits with the average gringo tourist. I don't like this woman, she is not a nice woman, and frankly, I am not about to subject myself to her nastiness if I can at all avoid it. Which, thankfully, I can.

So for those of you that live in Salt Lake City, know this: on the first weekend of May, SHE is coming.

You have been warned.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Quoth Jester View Post
    So for those of you that live in Salt Lake City, know this: on the first weekend of May, SHE is coming.

You have been warned.
    Be afraid Smiley. Be very afraid.

Comment

-counts money... looks to see how much a bus ticket to Salt Lake is.. shakes head- Sorry Smiley, love, I can't save you. I will, however, be around for you to rant to when The Witch decides to decend upon your hotel (because that's your luck )

Comment

You can't choose family. If you wouldn't want to associate with this person outside of the fact that by happenstance of birth she shares some genetic code with you, then don't do so just because of that happenstance.

Fill your life with positive and affirming people who are fun to be around and make you feel good. Everyone else can take a running...

Comment

Jester, guess you get to meet my coworker then... I shall be locked in my room to avoid the horror... I will feel a little guilty not warning my coworkers as to why I am hiding, but I"m sure they will forgive me eventually
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

All the best lies are based in truth.
            A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

No, no it's not a lie You'll be too busy recovering from the wedding and just won't have the mental capacity to deal with someone like your sister. Because of the wedding.
              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
                I will, however, be around for you to rant to when The Witch decides to decend upon your hotel (because that's your luck )
                Good lord, I HOPE not! I'm staying there my last night, after all. I certainly hope that of all the hotels in SLC, The Witch doesn't end up at the same one I'm at, both for my sanity and that of Smiley!

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                You can't choose family. If you wouldn't want to associate with this person outside of the fact that by happenstance of birth she shares some genetic code with you, then don't do so just because of that happenstance.
                I try not to.

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                Jester, guess you get to meet my coworker then... I shall be locked in my room to avoid the horror... I will feel a little guilty not warning my coworkers as to why I am hiding, but I"m sure they will forgive me eventually
                What, not gonna even go have a beer with me? Trust me, I am actively AVOIDING The Witch!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  What, not gonna even go have a beer with me? Trust me, I am actively AVOIDING The Witch!
                  OK, so I'll sneak out to have a beer with you

and actually I will be going to work... I can't afford the time off
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                  X