This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things you just can't be an impartial judge of

(If this is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it)

Everybody has some things that they like too much to judge fairly. I mean, no matter what, you're going to like them. What are those things for you?

Mine:
    Things based off of H.P. Lovecraft Stories
    Anything related to "The Simpsons"
    "Hello! Project" albums
    Books by Stephen King, Oe Kenzaburo, or Harlan Ellison
    All Hail Blortash, King of the Time Traveling Space Bears, who comes to us from Future Year 3032, known to us Earth Mortals as Regular 3032.

Anything with Hello Kitty... SOOO CUTE!!!

(yeah, mine is lame...sorry...)

Comment

It's OK Amina, I'm right there with you.

I'm a rabid fan of the manga/anime Ghost in the Shell universe, so I'll read/watch anything to do with that, no matter what it is.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

To be honest, I can't think of anything I like so much that I couldn't be impartial about it.

Although at the moment, I'm enamored with the idea of creating scented hemorrhoid creams, named "Gee Your Ass Smells Terrific!"
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I freely admit to having the tastes and attention span of your average six year old who's just had an entire Starbucks frappuccino, so I can't think of anything either

Comment

anything to do with marilyn monroe

other things related to fratching
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Otters.

They are just soooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Pianos and cats for me.
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                  I'm a rabid fan of the manga/anime Ghost in the Shell universe, so I'll read/watch anything to do with that, no matter what it is.
                  There's a universe for that now? When I last saw it (when I last watched anime) it was just the one movie (which I have on VHS). Wow I'm out of it.

As for not being able to be an impartial judge - Anything that has to do with the Yankees - GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!

Sad to say but I think I will like any Star Trek movie - but (and I'm going to scare most D&D addicts with this) anything Spelljammer.
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    There's a universe for that now? When I last saw it (when I last watched anime) it was just the one movie (which I have on VHS). Wow I'm out of it.
                    At the time there was also the manga that the movie is based on. Now there's (at least) one more movie, two seasons of a TV series, and a lot more manga.

Comment

Plus four novels. And a movie that is incorporated into the TV series.
                      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

I have no problem with most popular cultural phenomena. Live and let live.

'Hello, Kitty" and things of that ilk leave me cold. It's the kind of cute that's so saccharine it can induce artificial diabetes. Frankly, I find it a little creepy, but that's just me. I have similar feelings about the violence in Manga and Anime. If you enjoy it, fine. It just isn't my cup of tea.

I do have problems being impartial with some forms of alternative medicine because these things can cause people real harm.

I had two friends who were both diagnosed with aggressive forms of cancer. Both used alternative treatments but they did it in different ways.

One, who now has been cancer-free for ten years, did use types of alternative medicine but he did it with the knowledge of his Oncologist and he did it in tandem with traditional chemo and radiation therapy.

The other decided that Western medicine had nothing to offer him. He jumped full into the apricot pit and was dead within the year.

I try to keep an open mind but sometimes, it's difficult to do so.
                        Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Madeleine L'Engle's books. I will love them no matter what--she's been too much of an influence on my mind and heart to ever be objective about her writing.
                          "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                            Otters.

They are just soooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!
                            I have 479 pictures here on my computer for you.

ETA: and some hedgehogs.
                            Last edited by Bella_Vixen; 04-22-2009, 05:22 AM.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Anything made by Bethesda or one of their subsidiaries. I have loved all the games I've played from them, and thus will forgive them anything. ANYTHING.

Their CEO could probably be caught fisting kittens on the streets of new york (only comic geeks will get that reference) and I would still love them. "Well, maybe it was research for the new game! Damn, if that's the case they're really putting their all into it! The new game is going to be AWESOME!"
                              Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Working...
                              X