X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sister...*rantage*

My sister....where do i start.

While I do applaud her for finally deciding to do something with her self (she started community college last fall after I pleaded with her to apply and paid her application fee....), she is an ass.

She will be 23 in a few weeks and let me tell you that she has done NOTHING since high school, No job, no nothing. Seriously...nothing. Let me say this again SHE IS 22 AND HAS NEVER HAD A JOB. What she does do though, is smoke weed about 23 hours a day. I also wish that was an exaggeration. If a day goes by that she doesnt smoke...welll, then I know that day will be Armageddon. A huge majority of my family has bad addictive issues...which makes me sad but at the same time WTF can I do ?

Anywho..I go to Florida every summer and usually get my sister to house sit while Im gone. This has been even more important since I got my doggie last summer. The reason that my sister is so good for this is that she doesnt have a job, but I know she has a LOT of people over and has parties. I dont care that much since im not here. But I DO care when I come home and my house smells like smoke (im not a smoker and neither is DH), yet she tells me no one smoked in the house......?

Anywho, Im going away for 2 weeks this summer and my parents are coming with me for a week of that , so my sister will be staying at my moms house to watch it (not to mention she lives there) and I offer my house to my cousin who has a BF and a daughter, but they live in a very small cottage and I figure two weeks in a different house and they wont be stepping on each other will do them good.

So I tell my sister this....and holy hell, she flips. Shes yelling at me b/c I picked my cousin over her. and Im her sister how can I do that....(her words)

Im like WTF. So she asks if she can stay just a week and my cousin stays the other week. I told her that Ishe could ask the cousin herself. Well, she didnt like that either. And now shes pissy and uses that to jab at me every chance she gets.

I truly could care less, but I get tired of bullshit. Shes very self centered and spoiled (with my parents as enablers). I wish I could get her to grow up or at least use a little bit of sense but it seems impossible, I do love her though and she'll, of course, always be my little sister..but Im not dealing with her SHIT!! LOL

Rant over. Now I want some of that hot chocolate Recovering Kinkoid was talking about in another thread....

<hugs>

Buh. Sisters.

I too, have a younger she-beast (My nickname for her...). she's about the same age as your sister. She turns 24 in June, and granted, she DOES have a job. But that's about it.

She lives with my mom and stepdad and mooches and leeches and so on and so forth. Sounds like your sister and mine would get along grandly. They're both the center of their own universes.

I don't have hot chocolate, but I have a healthy(er) version of strawberry shortcake. <Offers a piece>

Comment

You know the reason she's upset is because now she cant have a wild party at your place, where the fallout would be far less then if she had a wild party at your parents home.

I would have done the same. Your cousin isn't likely going to screw this up. Be happy. Your doing the right choice.
      Military Spouse Support.
      http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
      Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

There's one in every family...two in mine(one sis and one step-bro). Hey I quoted The Lion King! Anywho...all you can do is stand your ground, let them pout, and soon they realize you won't be their doormat.
        "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Your house, your rules, if she doesn't like it, she can jolly well grow up (wishful thinking??)
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

As Iradney said, your house, your rules. The next time she goes off I would simply tell her, "Look sis. It's MY house. Not YOURS. Therefore I can do whatever the hell I want with it. And frankly, I am sick to death of coming home from vacation to have a smoke-filled house and you lying about people smoking there. If you want a house to party in, grow up, get a job, and buy your own damn house. But my house is MY house. You don't like it? Go piss up a rope." Or something like that.

Seriously, she has no leg to stand on because it isn't her damn house. Hell, I might even go so far as to tell her stay AWAY from your house and the cousin while you are gone, because you just KNOW she is going to try to strongarm or whine the cousin out of there so she can have her crazy parties.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
              She lives with my mom and stepdad and mooches and leeches and so on and so forth. Sounds like your sister and mine would get along grandly. They're both the center of their own universes.
              Add my brother to that crowd. He just turned 30, is losing his job by month-end, and is still mooching off of my mother. Right now, he has no desire to look for work, or even to help my mother out. Up until now, he always thought he was "the shit," and acted accordingly.

Lately, his thing is to give me shit when I stop by. Mainly because I have a job, a house, cars, kitties, etc. and he doesn't. Also not helping, is that my other brother has a teaching job lined up. As soon as he's done student teaching, he has his pick over the several districts fighting over him Anyway, my one brother is a bit resentful of us.

He gets away with his behavior, simply because too many people make excuses for it. In other words, it's not his fault he's an asshole And no, I'm not one of those people. If he's rude to me, I'm rude right back. I don't take shit from anyone--in fact, the last time I was over there and he started on me... I told him that I'd "smack the unemployment right out of him"

When I said that, my mother couldn't help but laugh. I can get away with things like that, simply because I'm not only the oldest child...but I have a different attitude. Nobody gave me anything--I wanted something, I had to work for it. In fact, I work full-time, yet I still help my mother out, and help take care of Grandma.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                Lately, his thing is to give me shit when I stop by. Mainly because I have a job, a house, cars, kitties, etc. and he doesn't.
                I think your brother has things backwards. See, the idea of giving people shit is to mock them for not having what you have, be it looks, money, success, talent, a better ride, a hotter girl, a bigger house, more touchdowns, more championships, etc.

You are gainfully employed, own your own residence and transportation, and are happy with loyal pets.

He lives at home and is a walking sponge.

Talking smack doesn't work too well when you are getting your ass kicked by the other team!

And keeping the sports analogy going......SCOREBOARD!

Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm so glad my sister isn't old enough to be a bitch, she's just an adorable 3 year old who chatters at me in broken Japanese and English over the phone.
                  Last edited by Nyoibo; 04-22-2009, 12:59 PM.
                  If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

You know, I would think that, too. But when I wound up with a good job at a nice company when I was 21, one side of my family absolutely refused to acknowledge my achievement. I told them about the job and they never once said "hey, congrats" and did later ridicule me for being different. I was too confused to be offended.

Quoth Jester View Post
                    I think your brother has things backwards. See, the idea of giving people shit is to mock them for not having what you have, be it looks, money, success, talent, a better ride, a hotter girl, a bigger house, more touchdowns, more championships, etc.

You are gainfully employed, own your own residence and transportation, and are happy with loyal pets.

He lives at home and is a walking sponge.

Talking smack doesn't work too well when you are getting your ass kicked by the other team!

And keeping the sports analogy going......SCOREBOARD!
                    Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
                      You know, I would think that, too. But when I wound up with a good job at a nice company when I was 21, one side of my family absolutely refused to acknowledge my achievement. I told them about the job and they never once said "hey, congrats" and did later ridicule me for being different. I was too confused to be offended.
                      Confusion is what I get from most of my extended family. My mom, dad, and sister, know (more or less) what I'm doing, why I'm doing it, and how much happier I am since moving, continuing my education, etc. However, in the eyes of my extended family, I am nearly 26 and single with no children, and therefore, a failure.
                      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Admin, I'm a failure too! Join the crowd!

I mean, I graduated high school, got a full time job with benefits, got out of mom and dad's house, pay for everything all by my damn self....and I'm a "failure" because I'm still not in college yet, I SHOULD be in my senior year at a 4 year university, what the hell is wrong with you blas you're going nowhere with your life!!!

I love my baby brother to death...but really, I'm the failure? Mom and Dad are helping to pay for his college and he's still not ready to move out yet because he can't budget for shit....Mom flat out refused to give me a dime for college because I was so "irresponsible" in high school (read: I got some B's instead of all A's, how DARE I!).

Neither of us are failures, I'm not calling my brother a failure. As I said, I love the kid. He's got some learning to do with budgeting, but he's young and he's got time. I just can't stand one more lecture from my witch of a mother.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth bloodrose View Post
                          You know, I would think that, too. But when I wound up with a good job at a nice company when I was 21, one side of my family absolutely refused to acknowledge my achievement. I told them about the job and they never once said "hey, congrats" and did later ridicule me for being different.
                          What, precisely, was their reasoning? What would they prefer you be doing? I am confuzzled too.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            What, precisely, was their reasoning? What would they prefer you be doing? I am confuzzled too.
                            Oh, let's see: live in the mountains, drive a pick up truck with firewood in the bed with a dog on top and work in construction or wait tables at the local diner. I don't really understand it, actually. All they do is talk about me being "the city girl" (I live and work in a suburb) and then go on about how awesome they are for being in construction (though I haven't seen them since the housing bubble burst - I wonder if their tune will have changed...). There seems to be a culture thing happening where those who are better off are seen as worse unless they're the uber rich. Don't know where it is coming from since I don't watch TV, but...I don't drink lattes or drive a volvo.
                            Interesting Fodder: http://interestingfodder.typepad.com

Comment

Another tiddly bit about sis:

Her bday is next week and shes having a party next saturday. I tell her Id like to come what time does it start? It starts at 11pm. Yes it STARTS at 11pm. Usually I woudnt care, but really...I work at 7am that saturday til 730pm and again that sunday 7a-730pm, like I do every weekend.

Uh, no..sorry...I cant do that in the middle of 2 twelve hour shifts..(she wasnt happy about that..) ...

Anyone know where I can buy a wake up call for my sister for her birthday? ? LOL.

Comment

Working...
                              X