• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news about Kiri...

Kiri is NOT pregnant.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Awwwww, wasn't she due for a break anyways?

Comment

Well, she was bred last time because she got pyo after her last heat. Since that litter was small (3 puppies) it was recommended that we breed her again - but this time it didn't take (after two artificial inseminations).
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Maybe her body is just saying "No I need a break." Or maybe she's done.

Comment

What kind of dog is Kiri?
          "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Awww, maybe next time.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
              Maybe her body is just saying "No I need a break." Or maybe she's done.
              That would be a tragedy. Her father died last year - rather young. While he did sire quite a few litters it wasn't nearly as many as he could have (and many agree he was what a German shepherd should be by FCI, Sieger, WUSV-SV etc.. standards.

I don't think she is done but I think this could have been an off-heat - or there is something with the sire because he previously had an issue (even though his sperm count was OK at our vet).

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
              What kind of dog is Kiri?
              German shepherd (a real one with German lines (from Belgium) - not to be confused with the Americanized "German" shepherds you see in the AKC show ring.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                German shepherd (a real one with German lines (from Belgium) - not to be confused with the Americanized "German" shepherds you see in the AKC show ring.
                I have a question that someone brought up the last time I was in Germany. Are German Shepherds just called Shepherds in Germany?

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                  I have a question that someone brought up the last time I was in Germany. Are German Shepherds just called Shepherds in Germany?
                  Per Wikipedia: Deutscher Schäferhund is the German name for them.

So they're called German Shepherds there, as well.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                    Quoth KiaKat View Post
                    Per Wikipedia: Deutscher Schäferhund is the German name for them.

So they're called German Shepherds there, as well.

A few places will call them Alsatians (France) also...

My favorite is the Chinese translation:

Deguo Hei Bei (sp?) literally translates to "German black back".
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                    X