This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I have a receipt!" redux...

I was reminded of this after seeing the title in the "Sucky Customers" section.

Roughly two and a half years ago, I was shopping at our local Borders bookstore.
    Ironically enough, (in conjuncture with what I witnessed), I'd purchased a CD, opened it in my car and found out it was the wrong one from what I'd originally thought. The gal behind the counter was quite nice and said, per her manager, she could give me a refund at this point as my time from leaving the store to return was literally two minutes and not "enough time to copy the cd in the parking lot!".

As she's ringing me up, this gormless moron approaches the counter and repeatedly tries to return a massive "How To HMTL Websites" style of book the size of a small phonebook.
    His key point hinged largely on:
    "BUT I HAVE THE RECEIPT! ELEVENTY!!!" and
    "THE BOOKS IN BRAND NEW CONDITION!!"

Why yes, he did have his receipt.... The cashier pointed out that his receipt was simply further proof that he'd purchased the book from them SIX Months earlier!
    Yeah- Borders has a limit on their time for return. Gee, I wonder why!?

Captain Clueless ranted, raved, got pissed and stormed off... Leaving the book he'd apparently paid 60$ for lying on the counter of course!
    Waiter? ... Waiter?
    Curses! When will I ever remember- Order dessert first and THEN kill everyone in the restauraunt.

You couldn't even keep a book out of the library for 6 months... why a retail store?

Thank god that they let you return the CD. When I read the part where you found out it was the wrong CD, I got scared thinking this would be about how they wouldn't let you return it or some such nonsense. Borders always has pretty good customer service IMHO! And that's awesome that CS didn't cave to his demands.
    !
    "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

You know... the local Borders here is doing a book drive for the public library... If your store is doing the same thing, it sounds like the SC just made a generous donation perhaps?

Comment

Working...
      X