This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... just wow.

Okay, this whole incident happened to me.

My brother and his fiancee came over over the weekend, as they knew I was home alone, with no way to get out of the house.
    They had just had lunch, but I hadn't eaten yet. So, I asked if we could stop somewhere along the way (they wanted to buy some liquor for a drink called the 'Banana Split', and we live in a dry county) so I could grab food.

We stopped at a nearby mall, and wandered into the food court. I looked around really quick, and decided Chik-Fil-A sounded tasty. Went up, ordered the Chicken Caesar Wrap meal (I was the only one eating).

I paid with a $20. And I know this, because I had no bills besides $1's in my wallet when I left the house.

The total was $6.40 something... the girl at the register handed me three dollars and change.

M: "Um, I'm pretty certain I paid with a twenty."
    H: "Huh?"
    M: *repeat*
    H: *has to go off and get her manager, as she's not sure what to do*
    Man: *tells her to just go ahead and give me the $10 I thought was owed to me still, drops a bag and a soda cup on the counter*
    H: *hands me the ten, and then slides the soda cup and bag at me*
    M: *take the bag and drink, go find brother and fiancee, sit down, open bag, it turns out they gave me a chicken sandwich meal* Well, that's mostly wrong...
    BF (Brother's Fiancee): What'd you order, Juwl?
    M: A Chicken Caesar Wrap
    BF: Well, you should go up and get what you ordered.
    M: Nah, I don't mind... I like the chicken sandwich too...
    BF: Here, give me the sandwich, I'll go get your order.
    M: *blink, blink, no arguing with her, hand over the reclosed sandwich, watch her walk over to the counter, suddenly point back at me, and then comes back after a moment*

The rest of the story from her point of view?
    BF: Excuse me, sie ordered a chicken caesar wrap, and got this chicken sandwich instead.
    Man: Didn't someone need a Chicken Caesar Wrap?
    H Yeah, I had an order for one. But I don't see the customer now.
    BF: *points at me* Sie's over there.
    M: *I wave, as I notice her pointing at me*
    Man: *tries to hand brother's fiancee a tray with the whole meal on it*
    BF: No, sie's got the cross cut fries already, sie just needs the wrap.
    Man: *takes the fries back, and apparently starts laughing at brother's fiancee*
    BF: *comes back to the table*

I watch the workers take the rewrapped sandwich, drop it on the floor, pick it back up, and eventually put it back in the trough for food.
    Blargh! Not only did they not just throw away the sandwich, they dropped it on the dirty floor, and then decided to re-sell it!

Note to self: Never, Ever, return to that Chik-Fil-A!
    "I call murder on that!"

That's disgusting. I wouldn't go back there either.

Comment

I'm generally don't hold a fear of germs, but I do know that the floor of a restaurant kitchen is the filthiest thing ever. Bits of food get dropped on that floor all day long, and that attracts bacteria. Whereas I eat stuff off the floor all the time, the only time that's ever made me sick is when I dropped something on the floor at my restaurant and decided to eat it anyway.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I'm always amazed by how filthy places that sell food are. I worked in a bakery for a while, and cleaning the place was like painting the Sydney Harbour Bridge - you start at one end, and as soon as you get to the other end, the first bit needs doing again.
        But I agree, dropping something on the floor and then re-selling it is disgusting. What are they going to if the person who gets that sandwich next gets sick? Besides which, it left the store before it got dropped on the floor - they've got no way of knowing what happened to it between them giving it to you and it being returned. What if you'd been some foul little beast who'd spat in it (or worse)?

Yeesh. This is why I have a thing about eating anything that I haven't either prepared myself, or watched the preparation of.
        God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Quoth Zombi View Post
          I'm always amazed by how filthy places that sell food are. I worked in a bakery for a while, and cleaning the place was like painting the Sydney Harbour Bridge - you start at one end, and as soon as you get to the other end, the first bit needs doing again.
          But I agree, dropping somet
          Tell me about it. When I worked in the bakery at the grocery store, the place was filthy. I usually had the last shift of the day, so I was responsible for cleaning the place at the end of the day. Oh... my... god... What passed for "clean" for the other people that would close when I wasn't working was really sad. I thought some of the stuff on the floor was just permanently there. Nope, it's just that nobody thought to scrub the floor. As I realized more and more just how filthy the place was, the better job I did at cleaning. I got to the point where I was getting OCD about the floor - it must be spotless, no streaks from the mop and no footprints from walking on it while it was still slightly wet.

One day I just scrubbed every inch of the place (moved counters, and stuff out of the way, cleaned the ovens, etc) and apparently the bakers were just in complete shock in the morning. Unfortunately it was just as dirty by the end of the day and I had to do it all over again. I'm told I totally spoiled them. What was even more annoying is that I'd work so fast that I'd have a lot of time in which there was nothing to do. The store manager would see me sitting around a bit and I'd get scolded.

Comment

I've worked as kitchen custodial before (yes, I've had a whole bunch of menial minimum-wage jobs). The kitchen staff were very good about keeping counter tops and utensils sparkling clean, but it was our job to do the floor, and dang was it dirty before we started. Thankfully, I never once saw anyone drop something on it and then pick it back up later. I think the kitchen staff would've been reamed out something fierce had anyone in management seen something like that (and seeing as I ate at that cafeteria regularly, if I'd seen that I'd have tattled immediately).

When I moved over to the grill area of the establishment as a grill cook, we were thoroughly trained not to use anything that had hit the floor, as well as to change our gloves regularly and throw away food that had been sitting under the heat lamp too long (usually fries; burgers were made fresh).
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Zombi View Post
              But I agree, dropping something on the floor and then re-selling it is disgusting. What are they going to if the person who gets that sandwich next gets sick? Besides which, it left the store before it got dropped on the floor - they've got no way of knowing what happened to it between them giving it to you and it being returned. What if you'd been some foul little beast who'd spat in it (or worse)?

Yeesh. This is why I have a thing about eating anything that I haven't either prepared myself, or watched the preparation of.
              I turned to my brother as I saw him replace the sandwich, and said (and I quote) "What if I'd taken the thing apart and licked it? Or had already taken a bite? I didn't see him check the bag to make sure it was still edible, much less that it was truly a chicken sandwich."
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

At B.K, anything brought back, would have gone in the waste bin and a new sandwich made, even if it didn't look as though it had been opened, just health and safety (or common sense and paranoia)

I always ask for a special (eg, just kechup) to make sure I get a fresh one
                "...and you've got people. Billions of people walking about like happy meals with legs...." Spike

Comment

That's how it should be. That was a violation of a health code, needless to say. At the Olive Garden, we weren't even allowed to bring food back into the alley or the kitchen to box it to go, once it had been out in the dining room. We had to bring the box to the table.

Not only was that wrong, it was illegal and dangerous.

Comment

oh come on guys. Remember the 10 second rule?

Nah I'm just kidding that is totally disgusting. Talking about taking bites out of the sandwiches and then selling them. Once when I worked at BK I was in the back making sandwiches and we had run out of meet for the junior whopper. So I had to take the Full whopper size meat and just rip it off so that it would fit the bun. There was only ever one problem with this. A lady came back in once and said that someone had been nibbling at her sandwich before she got it. When we explained the situation to her, she just kinda laughed and said it was okay.

Comment

Icky icky icky icky icky icky icky. Good thing I don't eat there.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I should also point out that my brother and his fiancee told me before we made it to the mall that 'drive through people in Texas are pretty lax about following rules, you've got to watch them to make sure your order is right.'

As far as I can remember, my brother's been extremely retail-friendly, if that gives you any idea of how bad Texas restaurants must be.

No offense meant to anyone else here who works drive through in Texas. I'd guess, so long as you're not near Plano, you could be absolutely fine.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

That's so strange for a Chik-Fil-A. Every one I've been to (a lot...) has been incredibly polite, clean, fast, fresh...etc. I don't eat fast food, but I'll go to Chik-Fil-A because it's....not really fast food in my book. Sounds like a problem with the location manager, and I'm sure corporate would LOVE to hear about that. Our neighbors are familiar with the family that own it, and their son used to work for them. The training they go through is incredible. Call corporate - they don't play around with stuff like that.
                          Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Working...
                          X