X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate it when.....

I hate it when.....

- I try to put your bag in your carriage for you, like I'm supposed to, and you rip it out of my hands. That's just plain rude.

- your wife signs your name, even though you're standing right there...and then when I ask for your license to make sure it's yours, you say 'Oh, you must be new'...and when I tell you that I've actually been here for 5 years, you say "Well then I'm never coming to YOUR line again." If that was meant to be an insult, it didn't work. You just made me a happy girl.

- I try to hand you back your change and receipt, and you just stare at the bills and receipt like you belong to some sort of cult that will only allow you to touch the coins first.

- I ask if you're ready to cash out as you're walking by, and you say yes...then continue walking and enter another line. I didn't ask just because I was curious. I actually operate a register and can cash you out. What a concept.

- I'm standing at the self-checkout podium and you are at one of the machines and you have a question...but instead of asking me (the person standing closest to you), you feel the need to go around the machines and approach the cashier that's busy with another customer and ask them instead.

- I'm standing next to a male coworker and you walk right by me and go to him with a question...HELLO, I work here too. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.

- you buy something that is very obviously too big for a bag, then ask for a bag. And when I tell you that we don't have bags that would fit, you insist that I try cramming it into one of our bags. And then when I can only get the bag to cover a corner of what you bought, you say that's fine and leave with it like that. What kind of purpose could that POSSIBLY serve?

- you're buying a bunch of long PVC pipes and you ask if I can tape them up before you leave...then as you're cashing out, you tell the guys that are with you to go ahead and start loading it into the car....then when they're halfway out the door you remind me that you want them taped.....um, ok did you expect me to follow you to your car and tape them to your car? if you want me to tape them up, you need to leave them in here long enough for me to do it.
    Last edited by sexiphatchick; 04-25-2009, 03:22 AM.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Sounds like customers are trying to avoid you... isn't that a good thing??

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
      I'll believe it when it's actually true. Bastards always come back.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I WISH they were trying to avoid me. Sometimes I feel like I attract the winners.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
          I remember a few back in my retail days who I wished would have done this to me.
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I don't need to work outside the home right now, but I have mused at length about getting a cashier job again at a place like Walmart or Kroger's.....just so I could respond to customers politely and honestly. How many of us wish we could have responded to SC's "I'm not coming to your line again!" with a "Is that a promise?" or "OMG THANK YOU!!!" ?

I wonder how long I'd last.......
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
              I don't need to work outside the home right now, but I have mused at length about getting a cashier job again at a place like Walmart or Kroger's.....just so I could respond to customers politely and honestly. How many of us wish we could have responded to SC's "I'm not coming to your line again!" with a "Is that a promise?" or "OMG THANK YOU!!!" ?

I wonder how long I'd last.......

Hehe, it'd so be worth it if you didn't really need the job.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
              X