This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucktacular waitress

The other night, Ryan and I went to BW3s (aka Buffalo Wild Wings) because we couldn't think of anything else to do.

Things were fine at first. The waitress came over in a heartbeat to get our food and drink orders. But after we placed our order, she didn't come back to our table for over half an hour. She stopped at every other of her tables in our area, but never ours.

We finally got the check (which we had to ask for), and as I was pulling out the money to pay, she just walked away. The money was literally laying on the table, clearly visable, and she took off.

We waited another 10 minutes, and finally tried to pay at the to-go desk up front. They wouldn't let us, saying we had to pay our server. We tried telling them that we didn't know where she was, when she comes storming up, yelling at us that she was looking for us.

Then she says "Are you ready to pay?''

Um, yeah!

We told her that we waited for over half an hour for the check then 10 minutes to pay her, but she just gave me an attitude.

She got a penny tip. She was lucky to get that, and I explained to Ryan that it is better to leave a penny tip then no tip at all so the server knows how sucktacular they were.

I highly doubt she'll change, though.

We would have complained to the manager, but she was busy with other complaints from tables with the same waitress.

*and no, I am not exaggerating about the wait times.*
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

BW3? Buffalo W(1)ild W(2)ings... W(3)...?

Sorry, I couldn't think of an easier way to explain that. If it was just a typing error, let me know, I'll remove this post.
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

This will explain it:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Wild_Wings
      "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
      "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

Quoth ZumZum View Post
        Ah, I see... now, what's kummelweck? Sounds dirty...

Never mind *went back and clicked the kummelweck link*
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Wev'e had similar expierences at Wild Wings. Maybe that's why their wait time is always so long.

I'd call in when they are first open tommorow or Monday and tell the manager on duty. Explain you're not looking for anything, just wanted to bring it up.

Comment

Soooooooooooooooooooo...did your food ever show up?

We gotta play trivia sometime, you know.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

The kitchen boys brought out the food, and it was yummy.

Yes. Yes we do.

Comment

Chicken tenders with salsa for dipping, or that lame quesedilla?

I need a new name for trivia.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We had one last night at this local Chinese Buffet. We got our food, but the waitress was going to every other table, and doing everything else, instead of coming over to ask what we want to drink. It took her about 40 minutes to ask what we wanted. We told her, we were not going to pay for the drinks. She started to bitch, about it, and we just went ahead and paid for it and left. We didn't leave a tip. The manager was no where to be seen.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

My wife and I had this really sucky waitress once. I've probably told this story a million times by now, but here goes anyway...

I took her and my son out for dinner at Friendly's one night. At first, everything was fine. The waitress took our order, and our food came shortly after. But when she brought a drink refill out to my wife, she ended up spilling it all over her and all over the table.

She wasn't happy about it, but she didn't get mad. After all, accidents happen. But then she vanished immediately after that, never coming back to bring our check, ask if we needed anything else, or even to clean up the mess. We ended up blotting it up the best we could with paper towels, and pushing the ice cubes off to the side.

Not only did we not leave a tip, we also talked to the manager on the way out. We had to stop up front anyway, since she never brought us our check. The manager was nice enough to give us a free thing of ice cream to take home, but he seemed quite angry at the waitress, and rightfully so. I'd hate to be in her shoes after we left.

Even though I was sure we were in the right, I still felt a little guilty about stiffing her and getting her in trouble with the manager, and I posted my story here, when I was still a fairly new member, way before I ever even thought about becoming a mod. Fortunately, not a single person, not even those who had waited on tables, faulted me.
                    Sometimes life is altered.
                    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                    Uneasy with confrontation.
                    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

In this story, not only was our waitress sucktacular, the whole restaurant sucked!

Years ago a friend and I ended up going to the local Pizza Hut for dinner one evening. This was a weeknight around 7 p.m. The place wasn't quite deserted, but close enough; that was our first warning that this place was a disaster. Our waitress sauntered over and stood there silent as a statue, glaring at us; that was the second warning. We had to ask her for menus and water, which she brought over about ten minutes later, after finishing a lengthy discussion about nail color with her fellow worker. Meanwhile, we're sitting in the non-smoking section of the restaurant--clearly marked as such--and there are workers everywhere in the section smoking away and shooting the breeze while the order taker was going crazy on the phone and obviously trying desperately to do everything herself. Manager was nowhere to be seen.

It took another half hour for the waitress to take our order, and fifteen minutes more for drinks to come out--and the drinks were completely wrong, not anywhere close to what we had asked for. At this point I had had enough. Add to that the dirty silverware and tabletop and floor, and it became obvious that even if we decided to stay, we risked food poisoning or worse.

I went to the counter and was told I had to pay for the entire order. No way! I wasn't paying for anything and explained why. This resulted in a full-on slanging match between me and the manager, who miraculously appeared out of nowhere, probably when he heard that no money was forthcoming from my pocket. He threatened to call the cops on me. I told him to go ahead--we hadn't touched our drinks past the first sip and had never received our pizza or anything else we had ordered, so no way in hell was he getting money for nothing.

Eventually we left with the manager screaming personal insults at us. I called corporate the next day and complained. Apparently I was one in a long line of customers to call about this restaurant, but predictably nothing was done until six months later, when the place was shut down due to E. coli contamination (BIG surprise there). The franchise was sold to someone else who moved to a smaller storefront and does just delivery/takeout.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        The other night, Ryan and I went to BW3s (aka Buffalo Wild Wings) because we couldn't think of anything else to do.
                        Okay, I just had to do a reality check right there. My first name is Ryan, and I and my friends frequent a place called BWW. I had to look at the date and remember I haven't been there recently. For a minute, I thought we knew each other and didn't know it.
                        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth JustADude View Post
                          Okay, I just had to do a reality check right there. My first name is Ryan, and I and my friends frequent a place called BWW. I had to look at the date and remember I haven't been there recently. For a minute, I thought we knew each other and didn't know it.
                          ::trying to think of something witty to say::

Comment

Working...
                          X