This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Funny Penny

Yesterday, when I was filling the coin tower of the register I was closing, I came across a penny that resembled the shape of a bowl. This penny happens to be a funny penny since I got a good laugh when I saw it.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

That's cool, I can't think of what would make it bowl-shaped.

I once received at GameStore a quarter that looked like it had been run over by a train (it probably had, although the perp likely did it on the Green Line where it's easy to get to the actual tracks). The thing was stretched and flattened; both faces were very slightly visible still and the milled edge was more like a scalloped edge. Boss went , wrote it off and I swiped it later.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

We often find coins where the "silver" has rubbed off and you can see the nickel metal below. They're generally useless for vending machines
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
        We often find coins where the "silver" has rubbed off and you can see the nickel metal below. They're generally useless for vending machines
        I have a nickel slug that some slug used to buy candy at the honor system snack shop my company runs.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I have quite a few copper slugs courtesy of my grandfather (he used to be in the Secret Service and did a lot of counterfeiting busts).
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
          X