This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employee appreciation

I usually get to work before the store owner does (he comes and goes like he owns the place ). The other day when he got there, the look on his face said he was genuinely pleased to see me. That meant more to me than any bonus in my pay packet (but of course I'll still take the bonus).

Hear! Hear! Extra cash or a useful gift is always nice, but too many managers underestimate the power of a quick, honest, "Good Job on that fix." Fortunately, my recent couple of bosses have been good about that. It's nice to know that someone notices when you do something well.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I know what you mean.

Yesterday I was attempting to fix the owner's computer, and got it fixed pretty quickly.

He walked into his office "Is it fixed" "Completely?" "Good job!"

That was the first compliment he's given me in the 8 years I have worked for him.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Boy, do I love my bosses.

We have a program here where if you do something particularly useful for the company (or catch something that could have cost a lot of money/embarrassment), they'll announce it over the PA system, ending the announcement with "Thank you for a job well done."

I've only gotten one since I started (mostly because there's almost nothing here that's outside of my job description [which we don't have] and I'm supposed to catch that stuff). The one I got was for recommending a small table be put in a certain location. Simple solution to a simple problem, but something that didn't occur to the rest of them.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
          That was the first compliment he's given me in the 8 years I have worked for him.
          Was short lived. Yesterday he told me I could screw up a wet dream.

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
            Was short lived. Yesterday he told me I could screw up a wet dream.

The lord giveth and the lord taketh away.
            Retail Haiku:
            Depression sets in.
            The hellhole is calling me ~
            I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
            X