Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The white glass is for soft drinks, the blue is for water.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The white glass is for soft drinks, the blue is for water.

I was in a local "Sweet Tomatoes" in Boca Raton the other day. They have a policy that if you get a drink with your salad, you have to pay extra for it. If you want water, it's no charge. To distinguish the water drinkers from the normal drinkers, they have white, clear classes for regular drinks, and blue for the water. The man behind the counter then will hand you one of these glasses filled with ice, and you get what you ask for.

Lo and behold, the rich folks in Boca, who have more money than the rest of us, were the first ones to be sneaky with this policy. Several times, I noticed people with the blue glasses go up to the drink counter and attempt to get a Coke or a Sprite for free. Luckily, this place actually has someone who stands guard up there, making sure the customer remembers this policy. These people always have the same answer, "Oh, I forgot about that." Sure, you and everyone else of your kind!

Beware though. These are the same folks who later on take seventy-five brownies off the dessert bar, and stuff them in their purses and/or handbags to take home for later. Haven't they heard of cockroaches? Better yet, don't they have a local bakery they can buy this stuff at?

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    Better yet, don't they have a local bakery they can buy this stuff at?
    Ah, but that would violate rule #1 of the Cheap Asshat Code: never exchange money for goods if you can help it. And as we all know, a Cheap Asshat takes the Code very seriously indeed. It's not uncommon for Cheap Asshats to commit seppuku if they have to pay for something they could have sneaked into their bag when the waitress was looking the other way.
    Me non rogo, hic modo laboro.

Comment

Where's Fyrehardt, when we need her "Fruit Punch Shower" story?
      Last edited by MadMike; 11-13-2006, 10:41 PM. Reason: Added link
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Guilty as charged!

Not for stealing drinks, but for taking an extra brownie/breadstick/pizza roll. I don't see too much wrong with that. I figure that if I were to stay and hang out and talk with friends at my table I would eventually go back for a bit more food, so it evens out.

But taking more than one is just crazy; you know that they plan on eating that the next day.
        ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

I also forgot to mention that this type of thing sometimes happens at the local McDonald's. I have not actually witnessed this, but a friend of mine said they saw someone the other day enter the establishment, and proceeded to get a Coke with a cup they had obviously saved from an earlier visit several days before. This person had walked in with a cup from home, one they had saved! Does the word "Honor System" have no meaning anymore?

Comment

Beware though. These are the same folks who later on take seventy-five brownies off the dessert bar, and stuff them in their purses and/or handbags to take home for later.
            I see my old Arby's customers are now invading Sweet Tomatoes. Old folks, driving BMWs and Cadillacs, they came in and ordered a water, then tried to get a free coffee refill (at the time, we used coffee cups for water, and seniors got a 25ยข coffee with free refills). Then they'd empty out the condiment trays into their purses. We're talking an entire tray full of Arby-Q sauce, Horsey sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper, sugar and artificial sweeteners! I don't care how old you are, stealing is stealing!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I have noticed that Arby's doesn't keep the pickles next to the sauces anymore. I love to load pickles on my sandwich, but now I have to go to the counter and ask for them.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

I also forgot to mention that this type of thing sometimes happens at the local McDonald's. I have not actually witnessed this, but a friend of mine said they saw someone the other day enter the establishment, and proceeded to get a Coke with a cup they had obviously saved from an earlier visit several days before. This person had walked in with a cup from home, one they had saved! Does the word "Honor System" have no meaning anymore?
                One of my friends did that when we went to the movies, I chewed him out for it and told him if he's too cheap to buy a drink, then he's too cheap to buy our tickets. Thankfully he stopped.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

The only time I save cups for refills is when I go to the convenience store the cups came from and get a soda. Then they knock a few cents off the price.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    The only time I save cups for refills is when I go to the convenience store the cups came from and get a soda. Then they knock a few cents off the price.
                    That's fine, if they're the reusable plastic cups that have gone through the dishwasher. If they're dirty, used paper cups, that's just nasty.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      I see my old Arby's customers are now invading Sweet Tomatoes. Old folks, driving BMWs and Cadillacs, they came in and ordered a water, then tried to get a free coffee refill (at the time, we used coffee cups for water, and seniors got a 25ยข coffee with free refills). Then they'd empty out the condiment trays into their purses. We're talking an entire tray full of Arby-Q sauce, Horsey sauce, ketchup, salt, pepper, sugar and artificial sweeteners! I don't care how old you are, stealing is stealing!
                      This is why, at my gas station, we don't have the single serve coffee creamer things. People would take handfuls of them at a time, etc. So now we have a craptacular machine that people don't know how to use.
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        This is why, at my gas station, we don't have the single serve coffee creamer things. People would take handfuls of them at a time, etc. So now we have a craptacular machine that people don't know how to use.
                        I've seen similar cream/milk dispensers around. I think they are quite handy. You put your cup under the dispenser and push a button until you have enough cream/milk. Less fuddling with the tear away part of the single serve creams, less time, and less waste. Granted, there is always a way to make simple concepts like this complicated
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                          Ah, but this doesn't stop certain people. I've seen these same people bring in those little ziploc cups (or Tupperware, can't remember who makes them), and fill those up with enough cream to last a week. Sure, you've stopped them from dumping everything into their purses, but this is a new way around that issue. Just like the sugar packets. There aren't any around to dump into your purse, but if you bring ten of these cups to a restaurant, then dump a jar of sugar into each one of these, you have enough sugar to last a month or so.

Comment

We're switching to cream, sugar, etc. that we have to put in the cup for the customer. And here I thought they wanted us to get people out fast...
                            Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                            X