This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Cab

Say you call a taxi for a ride home. & let's say that while you're waiting for said taxi a friend offers to give you a ride home. So you call the taxi & cancel only to hear that it's just about there-actually getting ready to pull up to where you are. So are you obligated to give the taxi the money you would have given it if you hadn't cancelled?
    What do you guys do in that situation?

I'd give the driver whatever was on the flag plus a couple of bucks.

Comment

Speaking as a previous taxi driver - screw them.

They will get another fare. They are paid from the moment you get in. You didn't get in. I mean, it's not like you said "ha ha, you had to come here for nothing" like a prank call. Another opportunity came up, and you did call and cancel.

Sucks for them, yes, but it's part of the job. If you felt particularly bad about it you could offer a fiver or something, but I would just say to the dispatcher "Well I'm sorry he's nearly here, but it's a cancellation. Send him away again."

Comment

I thought this was a question about the "Johnny Cabs" in the movie Total Recall.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          I thought this was a question about the "Johnny Cabs" in the movie Total Recall.

That scene in that movie is hilarious...lol.

Comment

Working...
          X