This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminiscing

Man it's been almost a year since I last worked at the computer lab at college. I'll be going right back there when I return home, since I'm not done with school anyway and I think this job is the best thing in the world.

I've been going through the boards tonight (posts kill lots of time until i pass out at about 3am. Oops, that's in 5 minutes)

I read one credo just now that makes me respect my own line of work: "If it makes sense, it's not allowed!"

I love my boss at the lab. Also the certified techs just below her. They're always open to great ideas. I threw together a little logging system with Microsoft Access to log when we check out headphones and books, and also to log infringements of lab policy. Everyone jumped on the idea and it's still in use!

I also helped to standardize Japanese language input on the computers. (I left before I managed to get to Korean) It's all so smooth there. No long-winded bureaucracy to go through, just the boss's OK and it's done.

Can't wait to return.
    Last edited by Cedophile; 11-14-2006, 04:58 PM. Reason: late-night typos. What can I say? I'm a perfectionist.
    No good news is good bad news
Working...
X