Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sightings

Closed Thread

SC Family at Cici's Pizza
Old 11-15-2006, 08:02 AM
Cashier

Thumbs down SC Family at Cici's Pizza

After tutoring tonight, decided to have dinner at CiCi's Pizza......pizza isn't the best you can get but it's 4.49 (1.49 for a drink) for the all-you-can-eat pizza-salad-pasta-dessert buffet, a very reasonable price. They usually have about 10 kinds of pizza out at one time, as well as 3-4 desserts and a full salad and pasta bar. You can ask for a specific pizza to be cooked at no extra charge, but I just eat what's there, which is pretty good. People there are nice....they do the goofy "Welcome to CiCi's!!!" upon entering and "CiCi ya later" when you leave.
So now that i've educated the unfamiliar about CiCi's, here's the story at hand...

Family of four (Mom, Dad, two boys, presumably 4 and 6, could be wrong) walks in. I'm just sitting at a table near the door enjoying dinner when they walk in. My guess is that they were never there before, to which the cashier basically gave them a run-down as to what to expect and how they'll make a pizza of your choice if you ask blah blah blah. At first, they bitch about the lack of kid's buffet pricing....um, if they charged a lower price, they wouldn't make any money. Dad pulls out a credit card....Cici's doesn't take them.....throws a fit but luckily Mom has the cash so they pay and hit the buffet. It's 8:30 pm and they're dead, so it's just me, another couple, and the family of 4.

After hitting the buffet, little boy is complaining about the lack of cheese pizza.....MOD overhears it, goes to the table and offers to make them a plain cheese pizza....mom goes "yeah, hurry it up, he's hungry!"

Five minutes later a cheese pizza is rushed to SC Family Table. Family seems to enjoy it. Kids are then throwing stuff at each other, messing up not only their table but a 5' radius around the table.

They then decide to get dessert. Kids are upset and crying over the lack of ice cream....i'm thinking "deal with it!" Mom goes up and asks if they have ice cream....MOD says sorry....their thanks is the huge mess they get to clean up

people never cease to amaze me

Old 11-15-2006, 07:09 PM
The Frialator

I remember that place, I used to go to one at the mall back in Santa Fe. The pizza was fairly good, actually. And the dessert pizzas were interesting to say the least. I hear they've extended their franchise, and one is coming to Seattle.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 PM
widdly scuds?

I've only been to CiCi's twice, and they were both birthday parties.
I love the idea of a pizza buffet that has more.
Is it true that they have pizza topped with macaroni and cheese?

Old 11-15-2006, 10:52 PM
Historically Inaccurate Mod

Slightly off-topic, but I remember going to Pizza Hut for lunch one day a while ago (10-12 years ago? Maybe?) and they had a buffet of a couple of pizzas, one or two pastas, a bowl of garden and a bowl of caesar salad, and a thing of bread sticks. It was pretty good to this pizza fanatic. (Obviously, since I've remembered it this long... ) Does anybody know if they still have it?

Anyways, that family was fairly sucky. The Mom asking them to be quick was OK, but when the family didn't ask the kids to calm down and stop making a mess, that's when they crossed into the Territory of Suck. I hope they left a tip of some sort-besides "Don't eat yellow snow".

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Old 11-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Customer

My wife and I went to CiCi's in cinci (actually eastgate) for the first time this summer. Not a bad place, The food ranged from equivalent to chef boyardee to better than pizza hut and yes they did have the mac n cheese pizza. I didn't know they ould make one for you if it wasn't out. Cool. But there was enough out there to try that I found something I liked. The chicken ranch one was very good.

We didn't know they didnt take cards when we went in either but we didnt have a cow either and went to the ATM to get som cash.

I hate parents like that. One of the last thigns my wife and I do before we leave a restaunt is police our area to make sure everything is cleaned up and we have the kids help out during that. Also first one to throw something has to go get it and automatically gets bad points. Enough bad points and bad thigns happen(ranging from timeouts/no dessert/to loss of priviledges) to them so the kids dont get too rowdy when out. Too rowdy that is.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:43 AM
Bagger

Quote:
Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
Slightly off-topic, but I remember going to Pizza Hut for lunch one day a while ago (10-12 years ago? Maybe?) and they had a buffet of a couple of pizzas, one or two pastas, a bowl of garden and a bowl of caesar salad, and a thing of bread sticks. It was pretty good to this pizza fanatic. (Obviously, since I've remembered it this long... ) Does anybody know if they still have it?
The one i work for does. They have it twice on wednesdays(Lunch +dinner) and Fridays(Lunch). We are one of very few restraunts that pizza hut has that still does it. Corporate gets pissy and wont remodel and modernize us unless we drop our buffet and salad bar. I say screw em. Its practically the only thing that keeps us in business now.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Is there balm in Gilead?

The part about the credit card I think is understandable, but everything else about them was truely sucky.

Olive juice you too.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:57 AM
Member of the T Plush fan club

Quote:
Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
Slightly off-topic, but I remember going to Pizza Hut for lunch one day a while ago (10-12 years ago? Maybe?) and they had a buffet of a couple of pizzas, one or two pastas, a bowl of garden and a bowl of caesar salad, and a thing of bread sticks. <snip> Does anybody know if they still have it?
The Pizza Hut closest to my house still has the buffet. I keep trying to talk the man of the household into taking me there, but...nah. Maybe next time.
3rd shift needs love, too
RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Old 11-16-2006, 02:57 AM
A Crafty Crafter

Oh, we have a Cici nearby and I just went there a couple weeks ago. I tell ya they have some interesting pizzas, I didn't see the mac'n'cheese pizza but they did have like a taco one (I think that's what it is becuase it lettuce on it) and a buffalo wing one that I both tried. I also like their spinach one which I usually have when I'm there and they do have a good dessert pizza. Anyway I think I only paid $3.99 for the buffet.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Lazy slacker

Location: A state of INsanity, or sometimes beyond the Cheddar Curtain

There is a CiCi's Pizza in the same strip mall as my store, and that one does take credit cards. Yes, they do have Mac-N-Cheese, and that is one that I won't leave the store without having one slice of. Some of my other favorites are the alfredo pizza and some slightly less unusual ones like spinnach and hawaiian. Yes, they do have a buffalo chicken pizza (ok, a little spicier than what I'd normally eat).

Someone should smite that family for defiling the wonderfulness of CiCi's.
My LiveJournal
Closed Thread