This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He just stood there...

So, we have a regular customer, lets call him Huge Al. He works as a night security driver for the car lots around my work. Now he is 6 foot 8 inches, and like 300 something lbs. Big guy. Really nice too. 2:24 am rolls around. Drunk girl comes running in asking if its too late for beer. I tell her I need to see her, and her five friends in the car's IDs. She groans, but goes out and comes back with three IDs. I tell her again, I need them ALL. She groans again, she brings in her really drunk friends in. I shake my head, as they are bringing up beer, and I'm putting them behind the counter telling them they are way to drunk for me to sell beer. Five of them are screaming why?? We're not drunk. Six guy gets angry, grabs a case of beer, (THat's four six packs of bridgeport IPA) of the display. I growl, and ask for Huge Al to stand in front of the door, which he does with a slight smile.

Now the guy is so drunk that as he stares up at the huge Al, he really seems confused, like he doesn't realize he is trying to steal beer. He finally decides to put it on the counter, and I grab it, but he STILL won't let go, finally ripping it open and trying to grab a single beer.

Huge Al is saying "I'm twice your size, just let it go" Kid gives up trying to steal beer, and decides it be a good idea to try to tackle Huge Al. Huge Al kinda just stares down at the pesky fly, and holds him, turns around and pushes him out the door. Guy gets really angry, and friends get angry, a few try to beat on him screaming assalt. He just takes the puny blows, and holds door shut. They finally take the screaming drunk who wants to beat Huge Al's ass. Huge Al didn't hurt the guy, he just wanted him out before he went on a rampage in the store. Other customers were saying he was a good guy, while I somehow manage to get six more customers scanned and sold to for there beer in under three minutes. Have no idea how I did that o_O, really was a close call to 2:30.

Still though, it was amusing to see that kid try to fight someone twice or close to three times his size XD.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Great to see a huge guy using his powers for good and not evil!
    No good news is good bad news

Comment

Reminds me of a story my friend told me.

Back in the day, he worked in a bar in St. Louis. One of the bouncers was named Ogre. He did not get that nickname because he was small or weak. Ogre was a BIG guy. I don't have specifics, but the kind of guy whose size alone makes one think, "Um, hmmm...I don't want to become a spot on the pavement....I best rethink this course of action....and QUICKLY! Yeah, that kind of big guy. The kind you nickname Ogre.

Anyway, one day there was this asshole Marine in the bar. Nothing against Marines...this guy just happened to be both a Marine and an asshole. Anyway, he was drunk and belligerent, and was told to leave. Being Macho Man Marine, he rips his shirt off, and tells security that he will take every last one of them. And looks like he can do it.

Until Ogre arrives.

Drunk Marine is unphased by Ogre's size, and continues being drunk and belligerent. Ogre, very calmly, in a deep voice reserved for people whose size earns them nicknames like Ogre, says, "I think you should be leaving now."

Drunk Marine is not impressed. Drunk Marine swings at Ogre. Ogre catches Drunk Marine's fist in his huge paw without flinching, and clamly says, in a deep voice reserved for people whose size earns them nicknames like Ogre, "You're beginning to piss me off." With his other huge paw, Ogre than calmly grabs Drunk Marine by the head, and slams said head into a nearby pillar, knocking Drunk Marine out cold.

As Ogre drags Unconscious Drunk Marine out of the bar by his ankle, with Unconscious Drunk Marine's head bouncing on the floor, the bar echoes with chants of "O-gre! O-gre! O-gre!"

As far as I can tell, the above story is completely true. My only regret is I did not get to see it. But I figured it would fit in with the Huge Al story.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

No matter how drunk I get, I STILL won't try to take on someone who's the size of a small car.

Comment

Quoth RogueOne View Post
          No matter how drunk I get, I STILL won't try to take on someone who's the size of a small car.
          So you won't take on anyone with the nickname "Metro"?

Comment

Not if he weighs the same as a Metro, no. If he weighs about a Schwinn, maybe.

Comment

My son, at 13 years old is a big guy. One of those guys you look at know you don't want to mess with, even though my son is a huge teddy bear.

If someone is messing with me, all it takes is my son to come out and they decide their course of action is not correct. He tells me he comes out to save the other person from my wrath, not the other way around. He knows me too well.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
              X