Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon idjits (classic example of not reading!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon idjits (classic example of not reading!)

I put this in Sightings because I'm still sighting it now. And I left off the seller's name just for the sake of their own sanity and the probable dumbness of the "reviewers" involved.

I ordered a DVD from a seller off Amazon. He/she/it (dunno how it works) had the cheapest copy which was what I wanted. When I went to order it on the 16th, it told me that the item would be estimated to arrive between the 24th and the 8th...hence, I WAS INFORMED of a long delivery time BEFORE I finalized my purchase. So, if I'm doing my math right, the item has a little less than a month to get here.

Now, this isn't what I have a problem with. When you want to buy for cheap, sometimes you sacrifice time, and I know and am fine with that, and that seems to especially be what this seller is all about...getting it cheap although not necessarily quick. Cool. However, I noticed they had about 8% negative feedback, so I went to see what it said. There I found el boneheados.

"They don't ship within 2-4 days...and you can't track your package with them."
    I dunno, but this was told to me upfront when I placed the order. Again, when you go for cheap, you sacrifice some things. Read the information on them.

"When I purchased the movies, I thought they would be delivered with in 2-3 days"
    Ahem, see above again. You "thought" it would be delivered...?

"It's been 2 weeks! Still no cd! It was supposed to be a birthday gift. I'm still empty handed. Will never order from this seller again."
    Try waiting another week, dunderhead. When the thing gives you a timeframe, keep it within the timeframe, yo. ORDER IN TIME!

"Its been more than 16 days since I placed my order and STILL have not recieved it. I placed 3 other orders the same day from different sellers and have received them all. This one is a no show!"
    READ THE TIMEFRAME!!

"Delivery took a long time"
    Ugh.

"Shipping took forever!"
    UGH!

"wer is my order!?"
    *facepalm*

"Receipt of items was slow. If they are that big and busy, I guess I just need to use someone else."
    The Amazon version of "Everywhere Else".

" i haven't recieved it yet?"
    Are you SUUUUUUURE?

And my personal favorite.

"Too slow. Ordered 2 movies on 22 Oct from *this seller* and 1 on the same day from *other seller*. The *other seller* movie arrived in a week. Still waiting on the *this seller* shipment. Shipment didn't even go out until 31 October and then I'm supposed to wait until 13 Nov. What are they using -- Pony Express. This is 2006. It should not take this long."
    *siiiiiiiiiigh*

Meanwhile, 33,329 left feedback that basically said "Yup, we got it when you said we would. Good job on that!" And I guess about 40 people out of the total had legitimate (or at least legitimate-sounding) complaints.

Me? I still got a few weeks to see how it goes. *sets stopwatch*
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Now PhoneJockey's customers are using amazon.com, I see.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That 8% has more money than brains, I guess. Personally, I'm poor enough that if I order ANYTHING off the internet, I read every word on each page I see.
      No good news is good bad news

Comment

Most of the books I get from Amazon are in Used; so they only cost me about a penny each at least and £2.50 at most. So I guess I can stand losing that small amount of money; *touches wood* I've only ever had 1 no show and never ordered from them again.
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

One book I ordered took about a month to arrive. I had started getting concerned, but since it eventually showed up I was happy.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think the only time I've ever been nervous about something arriving in time...was when I bought a new wiring harness for the MG. When I ordered it, there wasn't a mention of it taking months to arrive. However, after calling the company, they got things squared away. Because those harnesses are made from scratch, the company doesn't keep them in stock. They're sold on an as-ordered basis, simply because they don't sell enough of them to warrant keeping an inventory. Carpet sets and other "custom" bits are handled the same way.
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Something, to add...I JUST got an e-mail from the folks I ordered from, giving me a tracking number and an address to use it and was informed that my order shipped yesterday.

HA. "Slow" my butt, that's pretty damn quick for a $4 DVD and $2 of shipping...maybe these are new features...but maybe the complainers above are just complainers...

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I just had a book show up yesterday that I had ordered in late September . Small publisher, I ordered from their Web site (replacing prior copy of the same book, that was starting to shed pages annoyingly), they e-mailed back that the book was OOP, so would take a while, was that OK? I told them I wasn't in a big rush, so was fine with a wait. My card finally got charged for the purchase last week, the book was in the mailbox yesterday (not a smart mail carrier, he/she bent the package into a U shape to get it into the box. Must have been a sub, the usual guy comes to the door with big stuff. No damage done, so I won't bother to gripe to the postal service about it). Not a problem, since I was notified that the item would take longer than normal to ship and they didn't charge me for it until it actually shipped. The invoice/packing slip even had a note thanking me for my patience.
                "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

There's an online roleplayer's store called RPGshop where I get most of my dice from. (avid dice collector here.) One ship took two months to cross the atlantic - I was patient with them, but their email is screwed. You never recieve a reply, and the only way you can contact anyone working there is on the forums, which requires registering. Soooooo many people I saw in this general-cum-complaints forum moan about having to do that. Apparently mine confused the guy answering all the requests, seeing that his reply to mine was different from his usual to complaints - I think my package fell foul of Customs over here, seeing that it wasn't in a box any more and the label was torn. But hey, I recieved me dice!! I'm still ordering with these guys: order anything over $15 and they seriously do send you free swag worth $1 to $40...dice, RPG books, games...can't wait to see what I'll get.
                  "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Well, I got my DVD today, a whole week before the end of the arrival period. Left glowing feedback and felt quite satisfied because A) the DVD is BRAND SPANKING NEW, B) THEY even corrected a ZIP code error I had made, and C) now I have a new security sticker to play with.

Impatient morans still leaving this company bad feedback, though. I found this new one on the list.

"I wanted my DVD in a timely manner! Where is it???????"

Comment

Working...
                    X