This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Penguins Won!

I am so very happy to see Syd the Kid and the Penguins win the Stanley Cup. I can't believe we actually got to game 7. i don't remember the last time the Stanley Cup was down to game 7. INTENSE!

I am off to celebrate!
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Shouldn't have taken them so many games in my opinion. I still hate Crosby.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Greenday View Post
      Shouldn't have taken them so many games in my opinion. I still hate Crosby.
      As a Nova Scotian, I'm required to dislike you now. Which is unfortunate.

Comment

I'm not much for Pittsburgh, but I'm content as long as Detroit loses. -.-

Comment

YESSSSSSSSS!

I am a big time Pens fan and I love that won. I'm just upset that I had to work tonight and miss it. But I saw the highlights and Fleury did and awesome job blocking those two shots at the end (not that he didn't do a great job blocking the rest of the game,) to see him block one shot and then turn around and block the rebound shot with that dive WOW!

Comment

get out of the fast lane grandma the bingo games about to start
            The Pens 2009 Stanley Cup Champs

Listen to some Steely Dan Tonight its good for Ya

Il Son Patie

Comment

The absolute best moment was Fleury blocking those last two shots, the seconds counting down, then everyone jumping on Fleury. Loved it! Love the Pens!

Comment

Wow....just watched the highlights. They BOOED the presentation of the Stanley Cup?! BOOED it!?

GOD I hate Detroit fans. I hate them so much. Even more than I hate the team. ><

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                  Wow....just watched the highlights. They BOOED the presentation of the Stanley Cup?! BOOED it!?

GOD I hate Detroit fans. I hate them so much. Even more than I hate the team. ><
                  They did?! I was watching it last night and totally missed that. Maybe they muted it on the US broadcast? or maybe there was too much yelling in my house to hear it.
                  Did they ever say what injury took Syd off the ice for awhile? I saw what happened, but didn't hear what the medics were checking - bruised ribs?

Comment

DUDE THEY BOOED! I wasn't really listening to the fans when the Cup was presented. I was out of the room just watching from afar.

But that is so lame. I mean, it's classless. Sometimes fans suck.

Comment

I am a rabid Detroit fan. I'm not a bandwagoner...I've been a fan since the dark days of the 80s. I was appalled at the booing, as were several of my Wings-fan friends.

Don't hate us all.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                        I am a rabid Detroit fan. I'm not a bandwagoner...I've been a fan since the dark days of the 80s. I was appalled at the booing, as were several of my Wings-fan friends.

Don't hate us all.
                        that's why I just said fans in general. I have Wings fans friend.

Comment

How anyone could boo in the presence of that beautiful trophy is beyond me, regardless of the team it's being presented to.

<ducks and runs>
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                            i don't remember the last time the Stanley Cup was down to game 7.
                            Really? It's happened FIVE TIMES this decade alone!

2000-2001 Avalanche over Devils (RAY BOURQUE!!!!!)

2002-2003 Devils over Ducks

2003-2004 Tampa Bay over Calgary

2005-2006 Canes over Oilers

and of course

2008-2009 Penguins over Wings

All of those went to game 7.
                            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

Don't hate us all.
                              Well ok, but this is the only exception!

Its more the....its almost entitlement that the modern Detroit fan seems to have. That and the total lack of respect or class. Even for their own team at times. ><

My dislike of the team is mainly hold over grudge from the pre-salary cap days. ;p

Comment

Working...
                              X