This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of a Phone Sighting

I called the local Toys R Us to see if they had the new Lego Advent Calendar in stock. The very nice (and very young sounding) assistant told me they did not. *Oh, well. Lego store here I come.*

Then she said, "This is my first season here *I'm thinking probably anywhere*, but a customer told me that we had them last year, so we should be getting them."

I'm thinking, this is the customer who can't remember which toy store they bought it at, but it was probably from Everywhere Else.

I thanked the assistant and hung up, before I started laughing sadly in sympathy for her life for the next two months.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

It would have funny to phone up that same person at around January 3rd, and listen to the cracks in her voice as she tells stories about parents beating up stockboys to get to the stock of Tickle-Me-Furby, or whatever the hell the popular toy is this year.

It's our generations version of storming Juno beach.
    I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
      I called the local Toys R Us to see if they had the new Lego Advent Calendar in stock.
      ok what's a lego advent calendar? I know what an advent calendar is and I know what legos are-but how does one combine the two exatly-1 lego per day to biuld something? made completely of legos? please tell me....

BlaqueKatt-curiosity is killing me(ow)......*

*resistance is futile
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
        It would have funny to phone up that same person at around January 3rd, and listen to the cracks in her voice as she tells stories about parents beating up stockboys to get to the stock of Tickle-Me-Furby, or whatever the hell the popular toy is this year.

It's our generations version of storming Juno beach.
        Oh, c'mon over to Omaha, and we'll show you a riproaring good time.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
          Oh, c'mon over to Omaha, and we'll show you a riproaring good time.
          I'll let you take Omaha-it's my job as a Canadian to take Juno. Besides, Omaha gets all of the glory-who remembers Gold, Sword, or Utah?

But no matter-as long as we make it to the seawall and get the tanks on the beach, we'll be alright. How that relates back to toy stores, I'm not sure.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
            ok what's a lego advent calendar? I know what an advent calendar is and I know what legos are-but how does one combine the two exatly-1 lego per day to biuld something? made completely of legos? please tell me....

BlaqueKatt-curiosity is killing me(ow)......*

*resistance is futile
            I just looked it up on the Lego website and it looks like one of those fancy advent calendars where you can open little doors on a Christmas-y scene each day? Only its made out of Legos and has Lego figures for the scenes.

Lego Advent Calendar
            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
              I just looked it up on the Lego website and it looks like one of those fancy advent calendars where you can open little doors on a Christmas-y scene each day? Only its made out of Legos and has Lego figures for the scenes.

Lego Advent Calendar
              Thanks for posting the link. Each day is a different toy to build. When the pieces are all combined it creates a scene. Last year's was a street scene of the big city Christmas tree lighting.

I'm not Christian, but I go along with the holidays, and the kids love the excitement of what piece they'll get next and slowly building the scene. It's a great countdown to Christmas.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                I'll let you take Omaha-it's my job as a Canadian to take Juno. Besides, Omaha gets all of the glory-who remembers Gold, Sword, or Utah?

But no matter-as long as we make it to the seawall and get the tanks on the beach, we'll be alright. How that relates back to toy stores, I'm not sure.
                Oh, we remember Utah. "We'll start the war from here!" Nice way of saying "oops, we're off target. But what the hell, this was a lucky break actually."

Comment

Working...
                X