This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Vibes Needed, Please

Mr. Rum has gone down to a hospital about 1/2 hour or so from his parents' house tonight.

Turns out that his father, my father-in-law (known here on out as FIL), was baling hay out on his "back 40" (what call their backyard.

My in-laws live on property that has a lot of ground, every year he cuts hay to sell to the farmers, etc. who need it.

Anyway, FIL is sitting on the baler, and falls off it. He's in excrutiating pain. One of the workers & Mother-in-Law (also known as EVIL MIL) put FIL in the car and take him to his doctor''s office. Doctor tells them he needs to get to the hospital to get x-rays done. FIL is in too much pain to get back into the car, so they have to call an ambulance.

As far as I know, he's still in x-ray. Doc thinks he's broken at least one rib and might have a serious spinal injury.

BIL#1 (the one who lives closest to the ILs) called Mr. Rum and insisted that OMGWTFBBQYOUNEEDTOBHERERIGHTNAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turns out, Mr. Rum has been militarily volunteered to be in charge of the hay baling stuff. 'cos as they all point out "We can't have the hay sitting around in the rain without covering it, cutting it some more, etc., etc."

Of course Mr. Rum has the most heinous work schedule right now (it's budget season for his office and he's the one in charge of it), he has to jump through hoops to get time off, and has to call at least 10 different people to let them know he's going to be gone for one day.

Mr. Rum doesn't care about the hay. But everyone in the family is worried about it. (I guess it's easier to think about the hay than what is happening to FIL, but really??? The hay?)

Anyways, my MIL is a complete wreck. And we don't know much past that he's getting x-rays taken.

Please send good vibes our way.

Thank you.

<<sending>>

Hope things get to looking up for you and that FIL is ok..

Comment

Update

Just got off the phone with Mr. Rum.

He's following his parents to their house to help put his father to bed.

His father has been discharged.

According to the x-rays, nothing was broken.

There is no spinal damage.

He has completely and utterly thrown out his back. And more than likely has bruised all his back muscles and everything else.

He's getting oxycontin in the morning (I don't believe there are 24-hour pharmacies in the town).

Will keep y'all posted, but it looks like everything is going to be okies. *keeps fingers crossed*

Comment

*sends good thoughts, prayers, and herb tea* Herb tea soothes a lot.
        1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
        -----
        http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Hubs came back this morning at around 2:30 AM.

I did pack him an over night bag & I packed his CPAP machine (hubs has Sleep Apnea). I forgot to back the mask he needs to go with the CPAP machine. (I did not intentionally do that).

BIL#1 (the one that insisted Mr. Rum come down OMGWTFNAO!) and his wife are there. If MIL needs help, they can help her. Not sure if they brought their brats ... er .. .kids.

BIL#2 and his wife also showed up.

I guess Mr. Rum was telling his dad that it's hard for him to get time off at his work (which, in truth it is).

SIL#2 (wife of BIL#2) was like, "Yes, G, in the future please schedule your accidents at least 2 weeks in advance so we can get time off."

Good thing I wasn't there.

The brothers think Mr. Rum should be the one running around while they sit on their butts and do nothing.

Ahem ... sorry ... but at least BIL#1 can oversee the all-so-important hay.

Comment

*good vibes*

Good luck.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Child Rum now wants to go down to see Grandma & Grandpa. I told her we have to wait because Grandpa isn't feeling too well and is "sick". She did write a letter (on notebook paper), with Mommy telling her what letters to write down and we're sending the letter & the picture she colored to him.

Mr. Rum is at work right now.

I missed a call from them this morning. But when I tried to call back, no one answered. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
              X