This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geek Squad?

OK guys, I had to take the camera I got for my birthday back to Best Buy and they had to send it out for repairs because it apparently decided to start smoking crack when I wasn't looking.

Does anyone work for Geek Squad and can they tell me what the odds of me having it back by the 23rd of the month are?

Sorry to be a little whiny about this, but I am leaving to take my 3 dd's to NC and VA to visit family and I'm taking the oldest to see Nickelback while we're there.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've never worked at Best Buy but I ave worked in warranty/repairs before.

It depends on the product and methods of shipping chosen.

Assuming they use UPS you can assume 2 to 5 business days to get to the repair center and another 2 to 5 business days to get it back from the repair center after they ship it out.

Assuming they have no other priority repairs figure 2 to 3 days in house at the repair center.

This is all being generous with the times.

Total time you can expect turn around wise is typically 5 - 20 business days. Your odds of getting it back before the 23'rd are in the slim range I would say.

Comment

With my laptop it took roughly 2 weeks to get it back depending on the issue. Except it only had one issue several times...Anyways, it took about 2 weeks for me
      "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

Typical turn around time is usually between 1-2 weeks depending on when it's actually shipped from the store. Fortunately for me, I've always been on the side closer to 1 week. I used to work at BBY with the GeekSquad
        When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

OK, I'm hoping for FL's guess. I really want to get this back before we leave, and I have 3 weeks to do so.

Here's hoping. Thanks for the responses folks.

Comment

Working...
          X