This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car is getting a newer engine

About a week and a half ago, I noticed something was going on with my car. I was having issues with losing coolant and oil. Turned out my lower intake manifold was leaking (slowly) and both of my valve cover gaskets were shot.

I agreed to bring my car in Tuesday but I ended it up bringing it at the end of business day on Monday. I was told that it would be done Wednesday. End of Wednesday rolls around and no car. Call and say that it would probably be done Thursday. Thursday morning I get a call saying it probably would not be done Friday morning. Friday morning my dad texts me and says he has news about my car and to call him. I call him... they forgot to put oil in my car before taking it out for a test drive. Engine partially seized. So now, my car is getting a newer engine.

I should have it Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Oh well... I can't even be mad about this. I think the car is jinxed anyway.
    When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Quoth Fashion Lad! View Post
    ... they forgot to put oil in my car before taking it out for a test drive. Engine partially seized. So now, my car is getting a newer engine.
    I take it that it will be a free motor?

If so - MAJOR WIN on your part.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I'm still going to pay for the repairs originally needed for my car. But no, the motor won't be a cost to me per-say. I'll just be paying for what I originally needed fixed, not for an engine that has 86,000 miles on it when my car has 116,000.
      When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Working...
      X