Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What, is a full moon out? (long, with a special one)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What, is a full moon out? (long, with a special one)

Been a while since I've gotten to post. Things have been...well...you'll get to see.

Major Freaking EW/Scammer/Ecnonomy Lady

So this was actually tonight. I had to go back into our Walmart after realizing that our cashier gave us too much off on a coupon. (We got a free item...she credited us for DOUBLE its value). As I'm approaching the desk, I see a woman flinging her arms in the air and yelling at the cs lady.

EW Woman spouts a couple choice words and then starts to stomp off. As she does though, she gets this "AHA!" look on her face and walks back. She starts approaching people in line, and moves her way up the line...

"Any way I can borrow your ID? I need to return this and I just want a giftcard."

Lucky for me, I had no ID on me and got to tell her so. She then flounces up to a guy in front of me and makes a pouty face and asks him. He agrees, and she just gets this....this look....on her face. A very gloating expression. He goes on up, and the cs lady immediately says "No. I'm not doing it. That's just wrong. You'll need YOUR id and yours alone."

EW goes absolutely batpoop insane. Starts screaming that it's an ID, to take it, and CS lady stands firm. Then when she realizes this isn't working...she starts pleading and fake crying. "I'm just trying to get groceries, it's this economy, you know? The economy is so awful....BY NOT TAKING THIS YOU ARE SENTENCING ME TO DIE BY STARVATION."

I finally get a look at the item. Its a makeup/perfume set that's obviously been used and opened, and has quite the expensive tag on it. Hm. No wonder why she can't get groceries. She's splurging. -_-

She starts up again and yells at her to take it, and the CS Lady says "If I do that, I will be tossed out this door. I will be FIRED, do you understand me?"

Me: "And then SHE won't be able to get groceries. I don't know how you can think your thing of makeup is worth causing someone to lose their job and means of THEM surviving. Especially in this economy!"

I got the bird. CS Lady looked like she wanted to crack up.

EW then stomps off and gets the asst. manager (who hasn't seen any of this) and asks HER. Directly in front of all of us! I step behind EW and start shaking my head and mouthing "Psycho woman! Don't do it!!" The asst. manager raises an eyebrow, and then turns and says "Nope. Not doing it."

EW screams in anger, and walks off again. CS Lady tells me thank you, and informs her manager of what has just transpired. Guess who returns a few minutes later? Yep. With the store manager this time. This time, both me and the REST of the people who saw step behind Psycho Crushaa Woman and start playing Charades. CS Lady tries to tell her manager she needs to speak to her...

...The manager promptly caves to EW. Who flips me off again and literally flounces up to the register to get her money.

When it was my turn, I thanked the CS lady and assn. manager for trying to stand up to her. When I told them what I was there for...they told me to forget it, to consider it a gift. Woot!

I ended up seeing the EW out by her car. Very, VERY nice car...with dealer tags. Ergh. Guess my one hope is that her daddy/husband/whoever is funding her is a GM dealership, and she'll lose those tags and nice car. :P

Well, That Was Easy to Answer

Hi, I'd like to inquire about a custom website. I need an admin backend, a flash header and menu, and a banner ad set for it as well. I'll give you $35 for the job.

But I can get it cheaper from India!!

....I hate web designing sometimes. Just for this.

Story begins with my friend's website script selling company. His normal designer has quit on him, and he asked me to take her place. Thing is, I'm MUCH more expensive than her. She tended to just throw together websites from a premade Photoshop template she had sitting around. I happen to do stuff from scratch. I take a bit longer, but my results come out looking a lot better. I've got a reputation just BECAUSE my stuff looks better than hers, lol.

Anyways....so he begs me to help out with a job...someone ordered a "Generic Template", and he offers me $150. Eh...normally I get a lot more...but since it was "just a normal, generic template", I said sure. He then sends me the details that the client has sent him.

Three pages. Three effing pages of stuff about how it's supposed to be an epic comic book styled website. Custom logo, drawn mascot, animated elements to the website, you get the drift. This is a monster.

So I snapped. Told him I was officially charging extra for anything BEYOND a "generic website template". He pitched a hissy fit, claiming he'll complain to my friend. I dared him to...a few minutes later my friend is throwing a fit at ME that I shouldn't be charging extra. I told him to have fun getting ahold of the designer who quit. He goes quiet, and tells the client to suck it up and pay.

I now am a few hundred extra in the bank.
    Last edited by Seraph; 07-16-2009, 08:53 PM. Reason: Edited for better reading.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

On the Wal Mart story, I love how you turned the "In This Economy" around on the SC, but why did you have to post such a depressing ending?

I'm of the opinion that sucky customers and spineless managers are not helping our economic situation at all.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

....would you prefer I lied?...

It unfortunately happened...nothing I can do about it.

Comment

You posted those backwards, that's all.

You start with the epic with the sucky ending, and then save the few hundred dollars in ownage for last.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

What you should do in a situation like that is threaten the store manager that you'll never shop there again if he caves into SC's demands when she doesn't deserve it. At least that way, he can justify denying her the refund because he's scared of losing business. But good on ya for trying
          Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            You posted those backwards, that's all.

You start with the epic with the sucky ending, and then save the few hundred dollars in ownage for last.

^-.-^
            True....I guess I should've. I posted in chronological order though... :-/

Apologies to everyone.

Comment

I liked the order...we got to sigh WTF at walmart psycho and then laugh appauld with you getting ownage and monies.

Comment

I've never run a register or had a need to know this, but I kinda thought gift cards couldn't just be returned? You had to call an 800-number to have it cancelled? Or might that just be third-party gift cards the store might happen to sell?

Anyway, I can't say I'm surprised at the ending of that first story. Spinelessness seems to be part of the job requirements for being a Wal-Mart (or in my case Walmart, no hyphen because it's remodeled) manager.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                  I liked the order...we got to sigh WTF at walmart psycho and then laugh appauld with you getting ownage and monies.

She swapped them. I didn't expect her to go in and switch the order so now the posts about the order look funny.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She swapped them. I didn't expect her to go in and switch the order so now the posts about the order look funny.

^-.-^
                    Okay then...but the order is better and it had been the first time I read it.

*leans and sighs softly* See what I get for being at work and not seeing things early?

Comment

Sucked that Psycho Woman got the manager to cave to her batshit wims, but loved the ownage you handed to her! As for the SC's you had, I just hate when people think that they should be able to get the whole hot fudge sundae with the fixings and trimmings for the same as a scoop vanilla.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

^-.-^
                        Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition either.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          I've never run a register or had a need to know this, but I kinda thought gift cards couldn't just be returned? You had to call an 800-number to have it cancelled? Or might that just be third-party gift cards the store might happen to sell?

Anyway, I can't say I'm surprised at the ending of that first story. Spinelessness seems to be part of the job requirements for being a Wal-Mart (or in my case Walmart, no hyphen because it's remodeled) manager.
                          Spineless comes with the title. If they are not, spineless suits at Corp. will be sure to do it for them.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                            Okay then...but the order is better and it had been the first time I read it.

*leans and sighs softly* See what I get for being at work and not seeing things early?
                            At least you're getting money. Its a good thing to get. You know. In this economy.
                            Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

Working...
                            X