This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife witnesses "shopping cart rage" on Black Friday

We went to Meijer's on Black Friday at 4 AM (sorry but I gave in when I saw a sale for a 50 dollar DVD RECORDER as well as a 512 MB mp3 player for 20 bucks ) so I got in line to wait at electronics (behind only 25 people) and my wife went back to find some games on sale when nearby was the long line by layaway for the 50 dollar 20 inch flat-screen TVs when a woman with a cart tries to get by a woman that was blocking the rest of the aisle looking at something. She asks her to move and she said she would in a minute and then the other lady's cart gets used as a battering ram to make her move. My wife says the woman said, "It's the holiday season. Why do you have to act like that?" She said the woman then rammed her again when some big guy got between her cart and the woman and said, "There's no reason to be that way" and then the woman just walked off like nothing ever happened. Also the woman knocked over a hula-hoops display, which the guy cleaned up. My wife said she made sure her cart was out of the way so she didnt get caught up in it. Surprisingly to me the line I was in everyone was really nice and polite.
    Last edited by Ree; 11-28-2006, 02:58 AM. Reason: Removing irrelevant racial references

While the cart lady shouldn't have acted like that, I can see where she might have gotten irritated.

If you are blocking an isle, and someone says "excuse me" trying to get by, it would behoove you to move your ass, not say "I will in a minute." The lady shouldn't have played bumper cars, but the isle blocker sounds to me like she asked for it.

Comment

I guess it was because of the way she asked her to move. She told the woman rudely asked her "Would you move!" instead of nicely saying "Excuse me".

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
        While the cart lady shouldn't have acted like that, I can see where she might have gotten irritated.

If you are blocking an isle, and someone says "excuse me" trying to get by, it would behoove you to move your ass, not say "I will in a minute." The lady shouldn't have played bumper cars, but the isle blocker sounds to me like she asked for it.
        Yep!!!

Of course, this time of year especially, all the customers deserve to be rammed with shopping carts...and anything else you can get your hands on.

Retail Haiku:
        Depression sets in.
        The hellhole is calling me ~
        I don't want to go.

Comment

The cart lady shouldn't have been ramming her. But I understand her annoyance. The other woman should've gotten out of the way. It's annoying when you're shopping and somebody completely takes up an aisle and won't move when you ask them.

Comment

My father-in-law claims he saw a woman get "slapped upside the head," at Wal-Mart over a $3.88 toaster.

Ugh. Black Friday.

Comment

Quoth Coconut View Post
              My father-in-law claims he saw a woman get "slapped upside the head," at Wal-Mart over a $3.88 toaster.

Ugh. Black Friday.
              nuke. from. orbit. it's the only way to be sure
              DILLIGAF

Comment

I wasn't even there and I want to ram the lady who wouldn't move!

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
                  nuke. from. orbit. it's the only way to be sure
                  No no no, nukes are too messy, and the cockroaches that are SCs would likely survive. We've got to blow up the sun!
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

That just reminds me of a day when I was gathering carts at our Wal-Mart and saw 2 ladies get into a FIST FIGHT over a shopping cart outside. I was totally gobsmacked over that one.
                    Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

I had something similar when I was at Lowe's. I forget the total details, but I was on a register, trying to fix something. It wasn't anything really, but I decided to open up to help out a cashier who had hit a snag. (snag as in someone's check had been declined and they were about to rant). So as I open up, I casually slide back my gate, only to have this one nice woman start over to my line. This other woman, who I had said "Yeah, I'll be open in a second" to comes barging over shoves the other woman out of the way and spits "I WAS HERE FIRST! HE said HE was opening to me!"

Without missing a beat I ah'd, shook my head and signed off. "Sorry, I don't serve people who are rude and inconsiderate. She, was here first." Pointing to the other woman, I proceded to close the gate again and walk back to my manager. He could see I was ticked, and he was too, (not at me).
                      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Working...
                      X