This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do kitties have hayfever?

My cat Fuzzy....is sneezing quite a bit lately.

I've seen cats sneeze (issocute) when they have colds, but that's pretty rare. Fuzzy just nommed on her catnip sock and then sneezed a few times. She also sneezes just out of the blue, without catnip or other known stimuli.

She's not lethargic, or having watery eyes. Has anyone had a cat who was allergic to pollen?

Cutenoob
    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

*raises hand*

Athena had asthma as a kitten. She still has attacks every now and again, though she's mostly grown out of it. But she sneezes like there's no tomorrow. When she wakes up, when she wanders to her food bowl, when she's just sitting on the router falling asleep. And not just one sneeze, but multiple.

Though in her case, it's dust. I'm...not a fantastic housekeeper. Under my bed is a field of dust bunnies, and that's her favourite place to sleep.

Comment

Art sneezes mightily because of the Dust. It's gotten worse since they are redoing the little patio area below our window, so we get much dust floating up. Maybe do a real good vacuuming of your place ((I mean moving furniture and everything)) usually helps us and Art if we go all out with it about once a month.
      "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
      -Red

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
        I've seen cats sneeze (issocute) when they have colds, but that's pretty rare. Fuzzy just nommed on her catnip sock and then sneezed a few times.
        This sounds like she just got a snootfull of catnip dust when she bit it. I wouldn't worry too much unless it gets to be a constant thing happening all the time.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

GK, I bet you're right, it's just that Fuzzy sneezes more than any cat I've ever had.

Sometimes it's just out of the blue - she wakes up and zztt sszzt kitty sneezes.
          I hope she doesnt have kitty hay fever...I would hate to administer kitty pills.

Cutenoob
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth Cutenoob View Post
            I hope she doesnt have kitty hay fever...I would hate to administer kitty pills.

Cutenoob
            Well, just in case, you should probably keep this thread handy.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

McGriff will sneeze (you're right, kitty sneezes are too cute) at times and we're not sure why. Sometimes it almost seems like an asthma attack. We notice it happens more in the winter if the air's too dry in the apartment.
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
              X