This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self-sighting right here on the boards

I don't know what it is, but I must be doing something wrong. I keeping killing whatever threads I post in. Why am I such a horrible person?

I do that all the time too. I'll think up a thoughtful answer, post it, and boom. No one ever posts to it again. I used to be a bit embarrassed by it, but I'm used to it now. Maybe it's just something that happens to everyone but only the person that it happens to notices it? Because I didn't notice you doing it.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

I thought of not replying as it'd look really funny

But I've seen that happen tons of places.... One board I'm on I typed up a reply to a hot topic (talking it went from one post to like 10 pages in under 2 hours, a few pages entered while I was typing a reply). Two weeks later someone actually returned so my post wasn't the last one.

Comment

I have felt the same sometimes, I guess it happens to everybody, someone have to be the last.

Comment

Sometimes everyone who has had something to say has already said it. As Mikkel mentions, somebody's gotta be last. I frequently will not make a post only because somebody, or several somebodies have already said what I was going to, and I see no reason in saying just, "me, too."
          Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
            Sometimes everyone who has had something to say has already said it. As Mikkel mentions, somebody's gotta be last. I frequently will not make a post only because somebody, or several somebodies have already said what I was going to, and I see no reason in saying just, "me, too."
            Hey, me too!

Okay, seriously not to really just say "me too" but the same thing DOES seem to happen to me sometimes, and I never notice it happen to anyone else, so, I agree, I think it does happen to everyone at times.

Comment

Another self-confessed thread killer here. I've killed more threads than I can think of. I've just gotten used to it now.
              "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

I think that the mods must kill the most threads, but everyone still likes them regardless
                !
                "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who kills threads
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

For me, it's been every time. I don't know if it is the time difference or just me. I haven't gotten used to it yet but I'm sure I will.
                    "If ignorance is bliss, then I work in Heaven."

Comment

Haha, and here I thought it was just me!

Comment

I am a major thread killer too. It makes me wonder sometimes.
                        Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

I've posted threads that never got a reply - nobody's immune.

I'm arrogant enough to think that this is because they obviously don't need a response, what with them being so awesome in the first place.

Rapscallion

Comment

Count me in with this motley crew as well.
                            Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                              I'm arrogant enough to think that this is because they obviously don't need a response, what with them being so awesome in the first place.
                              I assume that whenever I post a reply somewhere, and no one even acknowledges it.

Comment

Working...
                              X