This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Dude Might Kill Someone

Late Saturday night, Husband and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple things. That late, the street sweeper is there cleaning the parking lot. As we park, we realize dimwit driving the HUGE sweeper is just FLYING up the isle next to ours, easily going 40 mph or better. Now in a parking lot, that's frigging nuts. We go to cross our isle, just as Mr. Crazy Driver flies into our isle and manages to slow down, GLARING at us because we thought we had plenty of time to cross before he made it there. Well, after we cross and we're almost to the store, we realize he's still going slow, and has stopped, because he's hitting on the group of 16-year-old girls who were passing Husband and I to get to their cars with their purchases. Then he PEELS his tires, gunning off fast again. The girls shook their heads, leaping back, and carefully drove off, with the street cleaner on the back bumper of their car.

Husband and I know this sweeper was employed by a different company and not Wal-Mart, so we tried to get a phone number off the side of the truck. However, it was dark, and it was on the other side of the lot so we couldn't tell. So we went inside, and found a front end manager and asked her if she had a number for the sweeper company, given that the guy had nearly hit several parked cars and his behavior scaring the girls. The manager radioed another manager, who came up and spoke to us. He said he'd get the video from the outside security camera, and deal with it himself.

Apparently, it's not the first time someone's complained. The sweeper has hit parked cars on several occasions as well.

"I don't know why they don't hire a different company," the guy sighed. "Probably because the store manager is here during the day, and doesn't have to deal with this creep."

We agreed wholeheartedly. That guy was nuts! Those sweepers are HUGE. They could do some serious damage.
    I may be free from retail, but the nightmares still linger.....

Not to mention that they are ineffective at such speeds. Every try to vacuum your floor pushing the vacuum cleaner as fast as you can? Try it and see how much is left behind!

I would think the manager would want his lot cleaned, not just "serviced." And as to the collisions/scaring customers, etc. -- I would think there are laws against that. Such as hit-and-run, assault with a deadly weapon, etc. Does the general manager not mind these illegal acts being performed by someone he contracted with?
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

He should be fired, for the crap that he is doing
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Might your local police department perhaps take an interest in such extremely unsafe vehicle operation?
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

I agree he should be fired.

But that's not enough. He'll just get another job and be a snotty little ass there too. Someone needs to smack the living crap out of him.

Comment

I second the crap-smackitude and firing, and I also nominate an old standby around here:

...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

the sweeper guy at my store regularly glares at anyone who gets in his way in the lot. he gets mad if we go out for carts when hes out there. even if we are on the other side of the lot. he also seems to get far too close to cars at times. i dont have a car,so im not overly concerned about that.

Comment

Working...
              X