Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one getting only good customers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only one getting only good customers?

So I was working at this Grocery store in GTA for 1.5 years. First year was all about working in my departments(I worked in 3) and assisting customers. Right now I do more of a back room work.

However, I've never had bitchy, pain in the ass kind of customers. The worst one was when the woman started to bitch about imported Balkan Pies having a small sticker in English in the back she couldn't read.

However, other than that customers were ok, sometimes it took time to assist them with finding particular item, most of the times directing to the numbered aisle was sufficient.

I don't know, all the time I worked there I never really had problems with customers. Anyone else feeling the same or am I just lucky?

I was in the same boat up until my most recent job. I had been with the public for nearly three years and I never had a sucky customer. I'm wondering if I just didn't realize it at the time because of how young I was or if I was just lucky.

Comment

Well, I think you're extraordinarily lucky.

My SC's aren't as often as some people's, but I do get a few. Mine just tend to come in droves in the same few day span, but that's what I get for working in a rich-ish tourist town. You get a lot of sobs.

However, if you genuinely have no issues with customers, CONGRATS! That's a rare oddity that should damn well be celebrated.
      I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Quoth MelodiousBubbles View Post
        However, if you genuinely have no issues with customers, CONGRATS! That's a rare oddity that should damn well be celebrated.
        Yes. Celebrated. Celebrated and envied!

I can't say I had a huge number of annoying or mean customers. I saw my fair share of ignorance, but most of that could be remedied by a few simple explanations. In truth, at the college, the call center, and the electronics retailer, the majority of my customers were nice, normal people. Some were frustrated, and some were stressed, and I could sympathize with most of them. I could often go for weeks without anybody to really complain about.

But every once in a while, I'd get an idiot who refused to even try to understand me or someone who made unreasonable demands or a self-important jerk who didn't want to follow the rules.

I think that's one of the reasons so many of us like coming to this board. With the exception of Gravekeeper and a few others, the infuriating customers are not particularly common. You're just seeing a concentration of them because of the theme of this forum.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Working...
        X