This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do people love the rugs......

Ok just started back to work,after being off for a few months. I walked into Wal-mart last night and I promise you it looked like the rug department threw up.

Every other rug was off the shelf just lying in the floor. OMG what is the deal. It doesn't take pulling 5 of the same rugs out to decide if you like it. HELLO. if you don't like it put it back.

Anyways i go to work and start picking up all these rugs and long and behold behind me some woman is pullin them back out. She has just watched me put them up too, so i was ill.it goes like this:

her: Mam excuse me can you help me?

me: sure what do you need?(besides a lesson in neatness)

her: i was wondering which of these would look best in this room(hands me a picture)

me: Well mam this one matches the coloring of the room better and it goes with the furniture

her: so which one do you think

me: (mind you she has five rugs out 2 of each) well mam like i said this one goes better, but you are aware you have the same rugs out looking at them right.

her: well if that's the attitude your going to have and she walks off

I just wanted to say to her attitude you ain't seen my attitude yet. But i was nice the manager came over and seen it all. the mess and the woman. all she could do is laugh and say " don't you just love our customers". I smiled and said "hell no"

So she helped me to pick up the rugs for a second time and laughed the whole time.
    I Have Nothing But The Thoughts Of Uselessness

Ok just started back to work,after being off for a few months. I walked into Wal-mart last night and I promise you it looked like the rug department threw up.
    That's a funny way to put it!

Anyhoo, I don't really care for people who ask me to make their decorating choices for them. I don't live in your house, I don't know what your furniture looks like, I don't know what color the walls are painted, or if they're paneled or wallpapered.

If somebody asks me to pick, I just choose the most expensive one.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've never understood why customers ask our opinions about decorating their homes or which blouse goes with which skirt. Afterall, aren't we all just a bunch of f*****g morons???

dawntazz ~

The slobs at my store do the same things with the tops/shirts we have folded on tables. They all look the same but the idiots have to grabbed each and every one to examine it, then just throw it back on top of the pile. I have to just walk away before I end up doing something that will cost me my job.

Last edited by Retail Associate; 12-04-2006, 08:10 PM. Reason: 'cause I can't type!
      Retail Haiku:
      Depression sets in.
      The hellhole is calling me ~
      I don't want to go.

Comment

Well hey, at least your manager was cool about it. At my WM, the managers would always give you a sarcastic "Yes, that's very cute" look when you made smartass comments or faces. The CSM's were the only 'management' type people with a sense of humor, save for the department managers.

I've zoned softlines before, I think I'd quickly go batty if I did that for very long.
        The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Think its where i'm third shift managers are more understanding when customers are just being pains.

I have gotten into trouble before though.....
          I Have Nothing But The Thoughts Of Uselessness

Comment

When I worked at Target one mercifully brief Christmas season, it was curtains, not rugs.

You can see the picture on the package, you can read the size measurements, you can even see the color and pattern of the thing because it's in a clear plastic bag. Why then must you pull this seven-foot-by-five-foot curtain out of the package? And why do you need to open two other packages just like it?

Even at Christmas, when given a choice of doing toy department or the curtains, I took toys. No way did I want to get stuck repackaging curtains all night.

Comment

"Well ma'am, this extremely expensive ___noun___ is definately the best one. "

Repeat as necessary.
              "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
              "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
              Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Working...
              X