Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Can you loan me a pack of cigarettes?" (short n sweet)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Can you loan me a pack of cigarettes?" (short n sweet)

Lady who I've never seen before comes up to me at Aid of Rite.

Her: "Can you loan me a pack of Marb lights? Until I get enough money? I promise to pay you back."

Me: *blink* "...No."

Her: "Aww, c'mon, you know I'd pay for it since I'm here all the time!"

Me: "Sorry, I like my job too much."

Her and guy companion leave.

I wish I had thought of this, but I think someone once said that if a customer wanted to buy something to leave the store with, they had to leave behind a driver's license and a shoe to force them to come back? If I was thinking faster I would've asked for that.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Quoth ralerin View Post
    I wish I had thought of this, but I think someone once said that if a customer wanted to buy something to leave the store with, they had to leave behind a driver's license and a shoe to force them to come back? If I was thinking faster I would've asked for that.
    I'd rather they leave behind a form of payment.
    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

This woman asked us once if she could borrow some candy molds, use them, then bring them back.

Comment

I've seen people bum a smoke (one single cigarette), but a whole pack because she is broke, what drug was she smoking?

Comment

Quoth dmcglu82 View Post
          I've seen people bum a smoke (one single cigarette), but a whole pack because she is broke, what drug was she smoking?
          ...she wasn't, that was the problem...
          Originally Posted by edible_hat
          (also, wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?)

Comment

I had a friend ask to borrow toilet paper once.

No thanks, Dude. You can keep it when you're done.
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Should've said she could borrow the smokes for $x.xx collatterol (Where x.xx is the cost of the smokes)

Not that she would've gotten it...

Comment

When I was running the gift shop at the museum two summers ago a guy came in and wanted to buy some stuff buy his card wasn't working. So he asked if he could just send us the money later. I opened my mouth to say no, but my boss agreed before I could get the word out. Apparently the man in question knew the owner of a model train store that my boss shopped at. (It was a train museum) So my boss decided to trust the guy. No colateral or anything.

A money order did come in a few weeks later, but I still think it was a bad idea.
                Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

I brought my car to a repair shop because the door was jammed. The job only took a few minutes so the shop owner only charged me five buck, trouble is I didn't have cash and he couldn't run my card. He just let me go and I sent the place ten dollers since they were so nice.

Comment

Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
                    When I was running the gift shop at the museum two summers ago a guy came in and wanted to buy some stuff buy his card wasn't working. So he asked if he could just send us the money later. I opened my mouth to say no, but my boss agreed before I could get the word out. Apparently the man in question knew the owner of a model train store that my boss shopped at. (It was a train museum) So my boss decided to trust the guy. No colateral or anything.

A money order did come in a few weeks later, but I still think it was a bad idea.
                    In general I agree but it would have been on your boss' head since he was the one who agreed to it. Also since he knew the man somewhat it would be easy to track him down.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth elsporko View Post
                      I brought my car to a repair shop because the door was jammed. The job only took a few minutes so the shop owner only charged me five buck, trouble is I didn't have cash and he couldn't run my card. He just let me go and I sent the place ten dollars since they were so nice.
                      The local garage does that sort of thing for me on small jobs...but then I've been going there since the late 80's -- I really DO know the owner just because I've been going there for so damn long (they remember every car I've ever driven), and they know I'm good for it.

But for some guy that isn't known on sight by the entire staff? Uh-uh.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Same thing with me, only it was when we were 24/7.

Bum comes in and asks me if I "trust" him with a pack of cigarettes until the bank opens.

It was even funnier than the time a guy tried to get me to give him one hundred dollars from the drawer with a blank Key Bank card as his only form of collateral.

Comment

Never had someone try to ask for a "loan" of anything from me at the wholesale club. Given we sell our cigarettes by the carton, not the pack, it would be a bold person indeed who would ask for a loan of a carton.

Did have someone ask if they could bum a smoke off me when I was at the cigarette counter. They were surprised when I told them I don't smoke.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                          X